Next Offseason....THE DECISION | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Offseason....THE DECISION

I say Fiedler is gone no matter what.. Even if we win the SB.. Griese will be alot more comfortable in Turners offense and Griese is also younger.. I do believe that Fiedler will be gone no matter what after this season.. Too much talent around himm to pay him that much next year..
:drinker:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I say Fiedler is gone no matter what.. Even if we win the SB.. Griese will be alot more comfortable in Turners offense and Griese is also younger.. I do believe that Fiedler will be gone no matter what after this season.. Too much talent around himm to pay him that much next year..
:drinker:

No way!! Jay wins the SB and we release him for a QB who wins 50% of his starts. If that happens the entire coaching staff and FO should be fired.

let's face the facts. jay has more seasons as the dolphins starter than he has playoff wins. with a team this good, that is unacceptable.

#3 D, nfl leading rusher, nfl leading sack artest and no playoffs. where does the blame fall. i say on fiedler's injuries (sp?) is that enough to run him out of town? qbs have been run out for less in the past.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
let's face the facts. jay has more seasons as the dolphins starter than he has playoff wins. with a team this good, that is unacceptable.

#3 D, nfl leading rusher, nfl leading sack artest and no playoffs. where does the blame fall. i say on fiedler's injuries (sp?) is that enough to run him out of town? qbs have been run out for less in the past.

True enough, but the post is the decision between Jay and Brian. Brian doesn't go uninjured any less than Jay does and his stats are worse. I could see getting rid of both of them, but if you give me the choice, right now, of keeping Jay or keeping Griese, I keep Jay.

Neither QB will be here with the same contract next year. One will have to restrucuture, while the other will be released. My prediction is that Fiedler will be the one to stay, while Griese will be looking for a new team next year.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Neither QB will be here with the same contract next year. One will have to restrucuture, while the other will be released. My prediction is that Fiedler will be the one to stay, while Griese will be looking for a new team next year.

And I think that you are right on.

I think this in particular though is setting up to be the real tough decision, which QB do we keep and which do we let go. Its a pretty poignant decision.

And for those out there who have delusions that whether they think about the present or future affects the teams success in the present, c'mon fellas. We're fans, we're not players. If the players started thinking about 2004 thats one thing, but we're just fans and this is just the offseason. Loosen up a bit.

Who knows at this point anyway, it may turn out to be not such a tough decision after all.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Who knows at this point anyway, it may turn out to be not such a tough decision after all.

Great point! Too much can happen in a season to know how it will play out. However, I do believe the FO positioned itself to have some options next year regardless of how it plays out.

Exactly. They can choose from the two at the end of the year and we will all know by then what the right decsion will be.

I do think we loose some players and maybe the coache(s) if we don't dance this year. We are too loaded for anything less and everyone knows that. This is our year and the FO did an awesome job this year making sure that is would be our year.

I've been waiting 30 years for this season. Bring it.

Back
Top Bottom