Next Seasons Starting QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Seasons Starting QB

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why not brunell? I know we all have dreams of manning(either one) and we'd like to believe that we can get rivers and he can be the qb of the future... I'm among those as well.
But if we use the free agent market and draft which are both deep at positions we need help at, to upgrade wr/ol and maybe even improve our DB situation since we could lose marion/freeman/tbuck and madison is getting old
Then why not bring in brunell

He's not a bad qb, he's a seasoned vet and would be a good leader on the offense as opposed to bringing in a rookie qb and then having no leader at all in the huddle since ricky wont speak up and im not sure chambers is there yet either.

Also, he's lefty, which means wade smith wouldnt be the blind side and that's a bonus since hes bound to miss a few blocks being young and inexperienced. less likely of a fumble.

Plus, brunell may have had simliar offensive weapons in jax with smith/mccardell/fred taylor at one time.. but taylor was hurt most of the time so ricky, chambers, mcmichael, and our wr draft pick or free agent signing would be an upgrade to what hes used to. Still in florida so hes fine with the location and the weather, and now hes got a better defense as well. i also think that the year off will do more good for his body than bad for his sharpness which is easier to get back.

If we can't get the star at qb, how many people would be opposed to brunell and why? i was initially opposed to it, but i've come around for the reasons above

I'm not against Brunelle but PLEASE don't try to neglect the FUTURE of the QB position!

We had it set. we had the best franchise QB in the history of the league. Since his draft late in the first round, we haven't drafted a QB above the 6th! It's rediculous We SHOULD have drafted a QB when we knew dan was looking at leaving. Brought in a rook to groom under The Man, but we didn't.

Bring in Brunelle for cheap. BUT DRAFT A ROOKIE! Brunelle has 2-3 years left. That's the time needed to groom a QB. However you look at it, we need to draft NOW. We've negelcted to for too long.

I'm not against that, bringing in say rivers and having brunell groom him. As long as brunell is secure in his job for next season otherwise it could be a mess like jax when leftwich came in.

Meuller will get his QB. I am not at all worried about that. There is no doubt in my mind that he will.

As long as it isn't Jay or Brian I don't give a S#*t! They both suck. We need to also focus on a good WR or two to work with Chambers!
Superbowl appearance before I die! Please! Go Dolphins!

Rashaun Woods come our way please.

We need a QB more than we need anything else. We already have a #1 WR and a very good catching FB and TE. If we can get a QB to deliver the ball to them, we won't need a solid #2 guy. This draft is also very deep in WR. We could draft a very good one in the 3rd. I don't think we should squander a pick on WR in the 1st when we can get what we're looking for in later rounds.

We need a franchise QB. And we need to get one NOW.

So, is phillip rivers that guy at the 20 if he is there in your mind? We may be able to get a WR in the 3rd and certainly in Free agency, but what if the QB isnt there at 20, we dont have a 2nd, so to guarantee the QB wed have to move up which would mean losing our third probably. Then we miss the Wide receiver...

You say we need to get one NOW, at what lengths do you plan on going to to get one now.

personally, im still for brunell this year while we groom a young kid, and i hope that we have two first rounders so that we can find a way to get that qb either by trading up or getting a high enough pick from ogun to land at least rivers or maybe losman(dont know too much about him aside from the fact that hes borderline ****y like cade mcnown) but so was marino :)

You have to go with the draft. WR is going to be amazing this year and getting Rashaun Woods who is an immediate produce would be fantastic. If you have a second 1st rounder then ponder on it and take either QB or OL.

Woods, chambers, mcmichael, ricky, konrad...maybe isaac bruce or say northcutt as the #3 and kick/punt returner...

thatd be pretty sexy

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
So, is phillip rivers that guy at the 20 if he is there in your mind? We may be able to get a WR in the 3rd and certainly in Free agency, but what if the QB isnt there at 20, we dont have a 2nd, so to guarantee the QB wed have to move up which would mean losing our third probably. Then we miss the Wide receiver...

You say we need to get one NOW, at what lengths do you plan on going to to get one now.

personally, im still for brunell this year while we groom a young kid, and i hope that we have two first rounders so that we can find a way to get that qb either by trading up or getting a high enough pick from ogun to land at least rivers or maybe losman(dont know too much about him aside from the fact that hes borderline ****y like cade mcnown) but so was marino :)

1. we'll likely have 2 first round picks. this would enable us to trade high iin the draft to get a QB.

2. Rivers SHOULD be availabel with the 20th. The teams looking QB in this draft are ALL on the fence (mcnown did well to close the season for the Cards, Brees is in San Diego etc.) and there's great FA QB's available this year. Rivers will be there.

3. If we don't trade up, we can keep our highest pick and use it on rivers, and trade our lowest (or keep it, o dn't care as long as we get Rivers, Eli, or Roth) down for a 2nd and 3rd rounder. That would give us 1 first 20 or higher, a second, and 2 thirds. More than Enough to draft our second string WR, a returner, and a few linemen.

And that's just not even taking the FA into consideration.

If we get two 1sts, then we get 2 3rds too because the tag on ogun would be a 1st AND 3rd

Back
Top Bottom