Next Years 1st Round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Years 1st Round

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
With this years draft so deep, and us needing to overhaul our offence. Would it be worth trading next years first in order to get into the second this year.

With that pick we might be able to pick up Jenkins or Carey.

If we have two firsts and a second this year, we can soldify our offense.

1a - Rivers
1b - Clayton
2 - Carey

or

1a - Rivers
1b - Carey
2 - Jenkins

I would say yes if there was a team willing to do that and a player we want available at that pick. So play it by ear and if the opportunity arises then yes.

To be honest, if we do that we are shooting ourselves in the foot. That's the reason we're in this boat in the 1st place. Wanny and JJ have done that way too much.

I think the Wade Smith deal was worthless - even if he does pan out, we had a shot at him with our regular pick anyway. But, trading away future firsts is a bad method.

Each year, if you notice. the Pats, despite winning and getting into the playoffs, are ACCUMULATING draft picks! They did so a couple of years ago after winning - with something like 11 picks. This year they have two 1sts and two 2nds.

It's time we stopped giving away the goods for lesser round talent and started stockpiling more picks.

no, if we get 2 first rd picks in 2004, we can live without a second rd pick. We are vet. team and that makes it hard to draft guys that are gonna make the team. The exceptions have there, i.e. for Sam and Pat, but we did not have 2 #1s

Back
Top Bottom