Next years draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next years draft?

Dolphins12thMan

Tailgate Central (E12 Orange Camry Zone)
Reaction score
Sorry but nothing else to talk about....Do you think QB is a need? Maybe a young guy that can come in and learn the system..if so who do you take?

I have been watching Philip Rivers since his freshman year, and I think he is a little under rated..any thoughts about Rivers or QB's you like this coming year.
Or any other draft needs...I know its early, without knowing who is going where or whos is staying, but just something to talk about.

I think it really depends on what happens this year, and how the coaches see Rosenfels developing. You never know what can happen this year, and next year many decisions WILL have to be made on the QB position depending on how the play there is this year. Either Fiedler or Griese could turn out Pro-Bowl performances and get a contract extension that will leave the team's destiny in their hands for the next few years... but if that happens we will likely take a late-round pick on a QB because we will need a 3rd guy after Rosenfels.

Sage Rosenfels is a free agent next year, who knows if he'll be back? I'd rather have Mike McMahon or Doug Johnson, who will also be free agents.

If we re-sign Sage or sign one of the others, we should go WR/DT or DT/WR in rounds 1/3. :yes:

I'd take Mike McMahon over Doug Johnson 10 out of 10 times. Regardless of how this season turns out, our starting QB next season is going to have the ability to throw deep.

I have been watching Philip Rivers since his freshman year, and I think he is a little under rated..any thoughts about Rivers or QB's you like this coming year.

I think he's overrated by a lot of people, especially fans. He needs to learn the proper mechanics of throwing a football. Side arm slinging it isn't gonna cut it in the NFL. I'd rather get Navarre or someone else in the middle rounds of the draft.

Perhaps he could do like David Carr and re-work his mechanics?? Haven't seen Rivers play much.

You can never go wrong by grooming a young QB that was drafted in the later rounds in the draft and then trading him for a higher pick in future drafts. For instance, Green Bay has used this practice very well by drafting players such as Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, and Matt Hasselbeck late in the draft and then acquiring a first, second, or third round pick in an upcoming draft. Also consider what type of offense that the QB plays in, how well the team is playing, and how well the QB can quickly learn the offense to determine what value can you get out from that QB.

Originally posted by Great_One
I'm sticking with it.

If it was on the road in December I would be with you, but Miami at home is tough no matter what month. Even in our slides we still win at home.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

If it was on the road in December I would be with you, but Miami at home is tough no matter what month. Even in our slides we still win at home.

The problem is that I may have spoken too soon about the game. I probably shouldn't have done that and I might have to pay for that. I understand Miami does win at home, but the Eagles can win on the road and during "prime time" games. Looking forward to the game.:cool:

I must admit that Todd Pinkston and Correll Buckhaulter have me shaking in my boots. Hmmmm, mobile QB, with average wideout talent....come to think of it the Phins sure struggled with those Titans too.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom