RE- Jason Taylor
LE- David Bowens
DT- Larry Chester
DT- Tim Bowens

K- Olindo Mare
P- Matt Turk
KR- Travis Minor
PR- Michael Clayton

O Pace? How exactly do you plan on the Fins affording him?

Well if its true that the Phins are seriously considering the merits of Terrell Owens, I would imagine they could go after Pace or Walter Jones if they want to.

I just seriously doubt they could afford Pace AND Todd Wade. If we got Pace, that would be it. We're done. And I don't want Travis Minor returning kicks anymore he's not good at it at all.

I suppose this roster is POSSIBLE....though I don't know how good our defense would be in that scenario without Ogunleye applying the pressure. Try to remember that David Bowens has injury problems and never stays healthy. He goes down, then who do we have in our DE rotation? Jay Williams and Otis Grigsby? Thats not too good.

Also in order to afford someone like Pace we may be forced to jettison some defense like for instance, Tim Bowens or Brock Marion. Brock is getting slow in the foot anyway, and Arturo Freeman can still do all the running...and FS is his more natural position. Then again I think Arturo may be a UFA...So is Nails btw. And we almost surely have to cut Tim Ruddy if we even want to get underneath the salary cap especially if we wanna keep guys like Arturo and Nails.

What I don't like about this roster is starting a rookie QB AND a rookie WR. That does not bode well for a good offense at all no matter what you think of the two guys. I honestly think our offense would be better if you put Sage Rosenfels and/or Derrius Thompson in the lineup.

I don't exactly know but it is possible, if they cut Brian and Jay along with Charlie Rogers and let go Ogun, then ask some players to take pay cuts like Zach Thomas

Jay Williams might end up being the starter at that DE spot.
I personally think both Clyton and Rivers can handle starting right away, at least Clayton can, it's not that hard for a rookie WR to start

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, yeah it is actually. Rookie WRs who start RARELY do well for a starting WR. I mean they get the catches and yards, but usually its like 50 catches for 700 yards or less, which is not good for a starting WR. Guys like Boldin and Andre Johnson are the exception, not the rule. So were Randy Moss and Terry Glenn.

Clayton is probably even more raw than a guy like Rashawn Woods. Clayton has only been playing the WR position solely for like, what 2 years? He was moved all around at LSU. He's got great potential because of his athleticism and size, but by no means can he be considered polished.

The FA moves your proposing are...

Re-signing Nails
Re-signing Todd Wade
Signing Orlando Pace
Not cutting the likes of Ruddy, Marion, Bowens, Madison, and Perry.
Don't forget paying off our draft picks, which is not gonna be cheap with two first rounders.

And to do this we're going to eat away our cap deficit just by cutting Fiedler and Griese, and restructuring some guys? Sorry dude thats just not gonna cut it unless we go into the season with no depth whatsoever.

I would not want to see Rivers start next year. Great player and all, and i really wanna see him in miami, but he is a rookie QB.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah, yeah it is actually. Rookie WRs who start RARELY do well for a starting WR. I mean they get the catches and yards, but usually its like 50 catches for 700 yards or less, which is not good for a starting WR. Guys like Boldin and Andre Johnson are the exception, not the rule. So were Randy Moss and Terry Glenn.

Clayton is probably even more raw than a guy like Rashawn Woods. Clayton has only been playing the WR position solely for like, what 2 years? He was moved all around at LSU. He's got great potential because of his athleticism and size, but by no means can he be considered polished.

The FA moves your proposing are...

Re-signing Nails
Re-signing Todd Wade
Signing Orlando Pace
Not cutting the likes of Ruddy, Marion, Bowens, Madison, and Perry.
Don't forget paying off our draft picks, which is not gonna be cheap with two first rounders.

And to do this we're going to eat away our cap deficit just by cutting Fiedler and Griese, and restructuring some guys? Sorry dude thats just not gonna cut it unless we go into the season with no depth whatsoever.

ok then forget Orlando Pace he is too much money, if we cut Brain and Jay along with Charle Rogers, we can then sign Ricky Ray and draft Philip Rivers along with Micheal Clayton. We would have Depth at DE with David Bowens, Jay Williams, Jason Taylor and Rob Burnett, At QB there would be depth with Philip Rivers, Ricky Ray, an Sage, You know we have depth at WR, were would there be a depth issue

if they increase the CAP to about the Yankees payroll, we could afford that group of starters

I've done some salary cap stuff and we are -$15,399,000 right now, but if we cut Fiedler, Griese and Perry then we would be only $1,739,515 in the hole, and McKnight is $2,160,00, more then any of our WRs and why is Thompson getting 700,000 more then Chambers, if we cut Thompson, reduce Mcknight and Mare's pay along with what I already said then we would be sitting a pretty 2 mill. plus under the cap

Last edited by a moderator:
Pace and Wade alone would cost us up to 10 mil ag the cap this year alone. Nails is also a UFA; Greenwood a RFA we need a backup QB and on and on and on....

We don't have the money for a Orlando Pace type player so I say we stick with who we have on the o-line except for dropping Todd Perry

Offense :
=======
QB - Anyone but Jay. I'd like to see Rivers....

RB - RW

FB - RK

WR - CC

WR - Anyone other than DT. M. Clayton or perhaps D. Norhcutt.

TE - RM

LT - W. Smith - I think he'll improve enough to start. Saves us money too.

OG - ??? - J. Nails is done.

C - ??? - T. Ruddy is done. S. McKinney is a weak replacement too.

OG - ??? - T. Perry has beena weak link from the start. See ya!!!

RT - T. Wade is costly, and keeping him wont be easy. If we lose him, the entire OL will be changed in 2004.

Defense :
=======
The only players I see gone are B. Marion / S. Madison / J. Fletcher / and T. Bowens

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom