NFL. com | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL. com

Saban is playing with everybody right now, is no way that Saban will pick up a QB in the first round, because is not a QB worth that high of a pick.

Phinfan31 said:
I was going to start a thread on this. But I thought I would check the board for another post before...if the original thread starter reads my post I suggest you edit the title of the thread because I had no idea what NFL.com as a subject meant. Anyway...lets get back on topic everyone ;) I think that were going to pick Alex Smith, reguardless what SanFran does....unless they pick him. Saban has stressed how important the QB position is to an offense and I think he is going to take a QB in his first NFL draft. He knows Feeley isnt going to be a successful starter in this league...Feeley is a good backup, but doesnt have what it takes to be a very successful NFL starting QB. Saban has already showed his distrust in Feeley. I think that his meeting with Alex Smith went very well, they watched film, etc. Alex Smith is a very smart intelligent QB and is a student of the game...just like Peyton Manning. I think he will be very successful and Saban obviously has his eyes on him. I think the 2nd meeting confirms that Alex Smith is a VERY possible option boys, like it or not. All of you Ronnie Brown lovers might be disappointed come draft day, if we dont draft Smith I wont be disappointed because I think Saban is the best thing to happen to this franchise since Don Shula. I honestly dont think Saban is sold on Feeley though and just like Nolan of the 49ers said on NFL.com, "I'd like to think we will never be here again at the #1 spot and because of that if there is an opportunity to get the right guy you have to do it" I think Saban will do the same thing because he doesnt plan on being at a TOP pick like this again...and you usually dont find franchise QB's later in the draft these days. This is his shot.

I agree 100% mikefan22 here! :D

I think Saban is the best poker player I've seen.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I hope not man.

Ronnie Brown!

i hope so...i would take benson over brown any day...

to me Brown is a workout warrior...but thats just my opinion...

Phinfan31 said:
I was going to start a thread on this. But I thought I would check the board for another post before...if the original thread starter reads my post I suggest you edit the title of the thread because I had no idea what NFL.com as a subject meant. Anyway...lets get back on topic everyone ;) I think that were going to pick Alex Smith, reguardless what SanFran does....unless they pick him. Saban has stressed how important the QB position is to an offense and I think he is going to take a QB in his first NFL draft. He knows Feeley isnt going to be a successful starter in this league...Feeley is a good backup, but doesnt have what it takes to be a very successful NFL starting QB. Saban has already showed his distrust in Feeley. I think that his meeting with Alex Smith went very well, they watched film, etc. Alex Smith is a very smart intelligent QB and is a student of the game...just like Peyton Manning. I think he will be very successful and Saban obviously has his eyes on him. I think the 2nd meeting confirms that Alex Smith is a VERY possible option boys, like it or not. All of you Ronnie Brown lovers might be disappointed come draft day, if we dont draft Smith I wont be disappointed because I think Saban is the best thing to happen to this franchise since Don Shula. I honestly dont think Saban is sold on Feeley though and just like Nolan of the 49ers said on NFL.com, "I'd like to think we will never be here again at the #1 spot and because of that if there is an opportunity to get the right guy you have to do it" I think Saban will do the same thing because he doesnt plan on being at a TOP pick like this again...and you usually dont find franchise QB's later in the draft these days. This is his shot.

Couldn't have said it better....well done.

Back
Top Bottom