Nfl Conference Championship - 30 Years Later | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Conference Championship - 30 Years Later

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
We just secured our tickets to the NFC Championship game in New Orleans. An old friend who lives in Tupelo, MS is a lifelong RAMS fan and wanted to attend the game. We have met in different cities over the years to catch a game and golf and party. Its been over 4 years since we made a trip. So when he called on Sunday night after Saints won I told him I was in. We looked at some nose bleed seats but he decided he wanted to have really good seats no matter the price. We ended up with some lower level end zone tickets pretty close to the field. Should be a great view of action. Here the view from Seat Geek.

wGRBWNa.jpg

Attending a Super Bowl has always been on my bucket list. But with the price of attendance topping 10K these days the Championship game may be the best I ever get to see in person.

By coincidence I attended the AFC Championship game in Cincinnati 30 years ago when the Bengals hosted the Bills. When the Bengals won I jumped over the wall and stormed the field with a few hundred other fans. It was a blast. I am stoked for this weekend. Here are my ticket and photos from that game 30 years ago.

HTsPMHP.png

been to three super bowls ... once from a league office source, once from a sth lottery and once for 2500 a pop... if you get the chance, go ... dont give up that dream... search hi and low for tickets ... dont restrict your search to ticket master and stubhub ... i got ours from ebay when i had to pay ...

Wow, that was an incredible game. We couldn’t have scripted it any better. Our end zone seats were right where the winning kick came through uprights. I filmed the kick and my friends reaction. The stadium went quiet minus our cheers. I’ll post it when I get chance. We were also right near the no call play. Saint fans were upset. We got a little grief from a few dispondent Saint fans leaving the game but for the most part the New Orleans crowd was very respectful.

It a shame the game will be remembered by that non-call. It was a hard fought battle by two very close teams.

This play sums up the trip to the Big Easy. The trip couldn't have been scripted any better. It was Epic. My buddy Paul was rewarded for his faith in the RAM's. He forked out $2K for our tickets and it paid off. I don't think I've been to a more exciting game. It's a shame it will always remembered for the missed call.

Back
Top Bottom