NFL Draft RUMORS: Miami Dolphins Eyeing Stephone Anthony, Clemson Linebacker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft RUMORS: Miami Dolphins Eyeing Stephone Anthony, Clemson Linebacker

It looked to me like he was doing a lot of guessing in that game. He had a better game against FSU but that was without Jamies Winston at QB (his one suspended game last year) and he did a nice job of reading a screen although he wouldn't have made the play if the ball hadn't been batted down cause there were two O-lineman out in front of the RB and he was all by himself. He also had a couple of nice blitzes in that game but he let a slow (4.91) TE in Nick O'Leary eat his lunch a few times in the passing game.

I'm with you though...don't see the ability to read and diagnose plays. He's got happy feet cause he's not sure where the play is going. Maybe he doesn't know how to study film

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Yeah I remember Ray Lewis complaining about the D-line in Baltimore not letting him do what he does, to paraphrase. Then they drafted Ngata. Our D-line didn't keep our linebackers clean that's for sure.

Ngata extended rays career quite a bit.

And even if you watched Kuechly or Lavonte David last year when they had injuries up front. they didn't look like the superstars they use to.

It looked to me like he was doing a lot of guessing in that game. He had a better game against FSU but that was without Jamies Winston at QB (his one suspended game last year) and he did a nice job of reading a screen although he wouldn't have made the play if the ball hadn't been batted down cause there were two O-lineman out in front of the RB and he was all by himself. He also had a couple of nice blitzes in that game but he let a slow (4.91) TE in Nick O'Leary eat his lunch a few times in the passing game.

I'm with you though...don't see the ability to read and diagnose plays. He's got happy feet cause he's not sure where the play is going. Maybe he doesn't know how to study film

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Yeah I remember Ray Lewis complaining about the D-line in Baltimore not letting him do what he does, to paraphrase. Then they drafted Ngata. Our D-line didn't keep our linebackers clean that's for sure.

yes he can sniff out a screen when it's his primary assignment but so can jelani jenkins...that's still not the instincts at mike though you look for...he's late all the time...doesnt matter what level athlete you are if you are lost at lb you can't hide it...classic guy getting pushed up due to measurables and test results

yes he can sniff out a screen when it's his primary assignment but so can jelani jenkins...that's still not the instincts at mike though you look for...he's late all the time...doesnt matter what level athlete you are if you are lost at lb you can't hide it...classic guy getting pushed up due to measurables and test results

He is getting pushed up because outside of Kendricks there aren't any 3 down Mike LBs in this draft.

Pick 47 is going to be Dawson, Denzel or Anthony.

This has me thinking, with the recent backing of Dallas Thomas by Philbin. That #14 will be Waynes (If available), Jalen Collins, Gurley or Parker.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Does anyone have a write up on Anthony on hand? I'd like to hear the boards thoughts on him.

my thoughts on Stephone Anthony when I first watched his film awhile back:

ILB- Stephone Anthony of Clemson: He doesnt have range, doesnt seem to play overly fast. Though said to see him having good instincts and reading well with a great first step into holes... I see him mostly taking poor angles, and slow to the line. He tends to get lost in the middle too. He doesnt fill well, but instead gets into plays behind the action. Doesnt angle well to plays to the outside. He doesnt take on blocks, and doesnt get off blocks well... he plays unagressive it almost seems like. There isnt much I liked in watching his film at all.

...... he seems slow to read, or recognize, doesnt disengage well at all... great athlete though, but doesnt seem to perform with it on the field. gets lost in the middle a lot!!!

theres other opinions and convo around on him too... check page 2-3 and such in this forum area!!!

in his defense, he did get better as the season went on IMO and he made good strides under Brent Venables. I wouldn't be overly against him but you better understand there will be a lot of mistakes, but he does have talent

Anthony is no different than what we had the last 2 years in Ellerbe and Wheeler. His stats in shorts do nothing to make me forget the gametape, especially since he's plays much slower than he tests.

watching a bit of his stuff just to see why some aren't high on him. I think Fin thirteen hit a lot of good points (though I'd add that he did a very nice jobs on screens from what I saw)

I mean I wouldn't be against Anthony, but if you pick him you are probably looking at him coming off the field in favor of Jenkins and Misi as a rookie on passing downs.

I can see why some are high on him and some hate him. I stand by my statement that for our scheme he is a fit. But dunno how I feel about him in round 2 yet.

Here he is against Georgia and Todd Gurley. Consistently misplayed the run in this game. His D-line does a heck of a job of keeping him clean too...very few instances of a Guard getting to the 2nd level and blocking the linebackers out of the play.

[video=youtube;qfcJrtUPOjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcJrtUPOjA[/video]

Went to watch stephone, ended up watching gurley and his backup...

So good.

That georgia run game really wore clemson down, stephone wanted no part of anyone by the 2nd half of that video. I thought he did a lot of good things though, some of those reads were god awful though, liked what I saw in coverage, and his ability to cover space is special imo.

watching a bit of his stuff just to see why some aren't high on him. I think Fin thirteen hit a lot of good points (though I'd add that he did a very nice jobs on screens from what I saw)

I mean I wouldn't be against Anthony, but if you pick him you are probably looking at him coming off the field in favor of Jenkins and Misi as a rookie on passing downs.

I can see why some are high on him and some hate him. I stand by my statement that for our scheme he is a fit. But dunno how I feel about him in round 2 yet.

just to go a bit with this... theres lots of question marks in his technique and knowledge you saw... so bringing him in is a lot of "hope" that he develops and learns over time. We already have a lot of hope brewing in our LB squad, we need guys that we are sure of!!!

he is all hyped due to his athletic ability. doesnt even show on film he really plays at that ability to me either though.

and Fin Thirteen did have a lot of good points on him too!!!

the tape on this kids lousy for what miami needs as the missing piece at lb...nothing short of it

Went to watch stephone, ended up watching gurley and his backup...

So good.

That georgia run game really wore clemson down, stephone wanted no part of anyone by the 2nd half of that video. I thought he did a lot of good things though, some of those reads were god awful though, liked what I saw in coverage, and his ability to cover space is special imo.
The two freshman behind Gurley are going to be studs. Sony Michel (#1) is an absolute burner and Chubbs (#27) is a bowling ball...big time power back with great balance and vision. Michel was the top high school back in South Florida...heavily recruited by the big 3.

Back
Top Bottom