nfl europe draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl europe draft

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
Is it just me or are we sending a higher quaility of player to Europe this year? Henry and Williams were draft picks and Bellamy and Roundtree were on the practice squad. In recent years it has been more common to sign street free agents and schlep them over. I don't know what this means but it is interesting.

Its not out of ordinary to send practice squad players to Euro, but I was suprised at the number of players who are actually supposed to compete for a roster spot (Henry, Roundtree, Sanders). I was suprised not to see CB Korey Banks go.

Besides experience, I think another reason we sent so many guys to Europe -- particularly ones we think might make the roster -- is because we now have nine additional roster spots during training camp. Teams that don't allocate players to NFLE have to cut to 60 players after the third pre-season game, but we'll be able to keep 69. More opportunity to rest starters and injured backups, which means more time to evaluate the borderline players in key position battles.

Looking foward to seeing L.Henry and he should have a great NFL europe season.

Back
Top Bottom