NFL Films?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Films??

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Anyone know when the NFL Films on ESPN will start showing the highlights of each team for the 2002 season?? I remembered watching all of them last year, but I don't remember when they started showing it... I for one missed 15 weeks of last year being in the military so I'm real excited and anxious to see some highlights from the earlier weeks, expecially some from McMichael.. First game I saw him play in was against the Vikings and didn't see much of his play-making ability which everyone talks about earlier in the season... Can't wait... Anyone have an idea os when Season Recaps begin??

HOORAH:drinker:

Sorry. I don't know other than to email or write to ESPN and ask. I do know how you feel though. I did 20 in the Air Force and when I was out of state or overseas it killed me. I used to get up at 3am to listen to Dolphins games on AFRTS. That was only a couple of times a year. Luckily I spent the last 8 years of my career at Eglin. The panhandle televises almost every Dolphin game.

I'd suggest checking the ESPN website, or alternatively contacting them direct (they may even give you the full schedule).

BTW, if you haven't seem some of the McMicheal/Williams/CHambers highlights, you are in for a treat :D

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Sorry. I don't know other than to email or write to ESPN and ask. I do know how you feel though. I did 20 in the Air Force and when I was out of state or overseas it killed me. I used to get up at 3am to listen to Dolphins games on AFRTS. That was only a couple of times a year. Luckily I spent the last 8 years of my career at Eglin. The panhandle televises almost every Dolphin game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, that really takes me back. Living here in England, pre internet, I used to tune into to AFRTS. Unfortunately, the only way that I could get reception was through a radio alarm clock, with a long wire attatched. Once I get the tuning exactly right, between some operatic medley and a rather somber sounding Spanish dude, I would have to keep rotating the radio itself by: 1 degree left, 2 degrees right, 67 degrees left, and forward a few inches. Even when broadcast clarity was at its peak, there would be a strange fading of sound, creating a rather psychedelic effect. Once in a while I was lucky enough to hear a Dolphin game and all the trouble envolved in setting things up seemed to add to the excitement and desparation of gametime.

I still don't get to see every Dolphin game, but at least through the internet, I can hear them clearly. Thanks for reminding me about AFRTS :)

LOL... You're right.. Half the excitement was tuning it in. I was stationed in Germany for 4 years and when the Phins would be on I'ld set the alarm clock, listen to the game the get ready to go into work. By quitting time I was dead tired. The Internet is a life saver. When a game isn't televised I either get onto WQAM or go to NFL.com and listen to the game. It was a pain living out of state because I almost never got to watch a game. I was in Denver for 3yrs and out in the Mojave Desert for 3 years and in Sicily for a year. I usually only got to see Monday night or playoff games. It's great to be back in Florida.

I'm in Montreal and we have a lot of games of the Pats & Jets, so the internet has been a life saver for me too. Previously I was watching the score updates in the bottom of the screen constantly switching from CBS (or NBC) to FOX to get the Fins score.

It was killing me when I was missing the score and have to wait another 7 to 10 minutes...
:fire:

That's cool, or cold. Finphans are all over the place. Don't know if I could stand seeing the Pats and Jets every week. When I was in Denver, of course, it was The Orange Crush. They are maniacal for the Broncos. California was always the Rams and Raiders. They were L.A. teams at the time.

Seems to me that they start about the beginning of July. I love to watch those films.

I only wish the damn shaving cream would get a new commmerical. That same one for the last three years is getting very old now

I was really pissed because about a month and a half ago ESPN Classic did a special on the undefeated season and my cable provider didn't add ESPNC until about two weeks after it aired.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
If our military doesn't provide our G.I.'s televised Dolphins games, what the hell are we fighting for?

No Dolphins TV means the terrorists win.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Big Will thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and check that out..
Fair Banks, great to hear you can now see most of Miami's games.. You have sure done alot in your life.. Good for you..

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Big Will thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and check that out..
Fair Banks, great to hear you can now see most of Miami's games.. You have sure done alot in your life.. Good for you..

I've done a lot in my life? Is that a dig? :confused: I'm over 50, I should have done alot by now. As far as seeing the Dolphin games, so far so good. There is however a rumor that the local station might switch to showing the Jags. If that happens I might have to re-enlist, to fight for my Dolphin games, as Phan4ever implies.:)

Back
Top Bottom