NFL: Image vs. Greed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL: Image vs. Greed

occamz_razr

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was watching 1st & 10 today and Woody and Skip commented on a story where the NFL rejected Mike Nolan's request to be able to wear a suit and tie on the sidelines during games.

I am disgusted that the NFL is mandating that he wear clothing that has the team's logo and other marketing ploys just to earn a buck instead of bringing a little professional to a sport thats quickly degenerating into a mercenary sport under the guidance of a money-hungry elite.

theres more to it than that. for the same reason they said Jake Plummer wasnt allowed to wear Pat Tillmans #. if the NFL makes an exception for one person, they cant say no to the next.

that would mean people might pay someone to put something on their helmet, or pay a Coach to wear certain clothes. its just not smart. and could blow up extremely fast.

Either way its absolutely crazy. Coaches in every sport have worn suits and ties during games. The NFL is turning into a fascist state that wants to control everything. Its not right.

occamz_razr said:
Either way its absolutely crazy. Coaches in every sport have worn suits and ties during games. The NFL is turning into a fascist state that wants to control everything. Its not right.

It's their league and they can do whatever they want. No one forces you to watch the games. There's nothing wrong with making coaches wear their teams logos.

Yeah there is something very wrong with that. Its the same thing as making them say what the NFL wants them to say during press conferences. The NFL minus well make them watch what the NFL wants them to watch. Eat what the NFL mandates is 'football food'. Its stupid. And just another reason that the NFL is putting themselves over the people that actually coach and play the games. This shouldnt be about making another buck...and the NFL already has enough of it. It should be about bringing the game back to the lore that made it what it is. Landry wore suits and ties, Lombardi sure dressed professionally on the sidelines. Ditka was caught a few times wearing a vest, with a tie underneath. Forcing Nolan to wear what the NFL wants him to wear is just stupid. If Nolan is going to be more comfortable with what he wears, and is trying to project a positive image to his team, his fans, and the fans that arents his, then why the hell should the NFL put their two sense in.

Nappy Roots said:
theres more to it than that. for the same reason they said Jake Plummer wasnt allowed to wear Pat Tillmans #. if the NFL makes an exception for one person, they cant say no to the next.

that would mean people might pay someone to put something on their helmet, or pay a Coach to wear certain clothes. its just not smart. and could blow up extremely fast.

i completely agree with you. What if Nike decided that it wants B Belichek to wear a big nike sign on his shirt and thats all and pays him a million to do it. It can get out of hand very quickly.

Finfan86 said:
i completely agree with you. What if Nike decided that it wants B Belichek to wear a big nike sign on his shirt and thats all and pays him a million to do it. It can get out of hand very quickly.

please explain to me how wanting to wear a suit on the sideline turns into Bill B wearing logo's for money. Some fine men have worn suits on the sidelines, it is old school and it is class. Criminy, its not like he wants to wear a thong or someting sheeesh.

cnc66 said:
please explain to me how wanting to wear a suit on the sideline turns into Bill B wearing logo's for money. Some fine men have worn suits on the sidelines, it is old school and it is class. Criminy, its not like he wants to wear a thong or someting sheeesh.

because the rule is that u have to wear the team logo, like the ohter guy said if u change it for one person then u have to change it for everyone

Back
Top Bottom