NFL NETWORK: NFL Replay @ 9p & 11p - Patriots vs Dolphins, September 2002 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL NETWORK: NFL Replay @ 9p & 11p - Patriots vs Dolphins, September 2002

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL Network is showing the Patriots vs Dolphins game from 2002 on Thursday, 9p and 11p. This game was played in the stadium formerly known as Joe Robbie Stadium. I don't remember many details from this game. Can anyone fill me in? I think Ricky had a big day in this game. I hope they show the 2002 Dolphins vs Jets game. THAT one was sweet.

BTW, for those who haven't seen NFL Replay, you should watch it. It's pretty nice. They play the entire game and cut out the fluff between plays, so it only lasts two hours. They played the 2000 Ravens against Jaguars last night. Jimmy Smith was a beast...about 200 yds in the first half alone.

Man, I really miss football. :(

No kidding he was, did you see the one TD he caught that bounced into his hands off of another WR. Bu what a way to lose having sharpe catching a TD with barely no time left.

PhinPhreak said:
No kidding he was, did you see the one TD he caught that bounced into his hands off of another WR. Bu what a way to lose having sharpe catching a TD with barely no time left.
I don't remember that. Sharpe? Which Sharpe are you talking about?

Dolfan954 said:
I don't remember that. Sharpe? Which Sharpe are you talking about?

Shannon caught a pass with no time less then a minute left right after Jimmy Smith caught that bounced pass and took it in for a TD.

It said December 2002.........Not September.......If that is the case, they are replaying the collapse game..........Although they showed highlights of the 2003 JRS game......NFL Network screws up their promos alot......

PhinPhreak said:
Shannon caught a pass with no time less then a minute left right after Jimmy Smith caught that bounced pass and took it in for a TD.
Oh that game..didn't see the end. I fell asleep. It was great watching a real game for a change. Can't wait till September.

Brunell was ON FIRE in that game, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Section126 said:
It said December 2002.........Not September.......If that is the case, they are replaying the collapse game..........Although they showed highlights of the 2003 JRS game......NFL Network screws up their promos alot......
Really? I could've sworn it was the September game...what happened in the 2002 December game? Was that in Miami or NE? What happened in that game? I tend to forget the painful losses sometimes.

Dolfan954 said:
what happened in the 2002 December game? Was that in Miami or NE? What happened in that game?

What happened?

We won by 11 points, and won the division championship.

Fiedler for MVP said:
yeah, i thought i read december 2002...no thanks. i dont need to relive that hell.
Agreed. The game I really hope they replay one day is the 2002 Dolphins vs Jets game in Miami. I was at that game...one of the most complete games by the Phins in recent history. Everyone in the stadium went absolutely crazy when Ricky had that long TD run at the end of the game.

"Bye bye Ricky! Bye bye Jets streak!"
- Howard David

One of the best calls of the year by Howard David.

Section126 said:
What happened?

Ohhhhh.....THAT game. :barf:

Oh hell no. I'm not watching that sh*t. This is the time of the year for optimism. I remember seriously considering not being a Dolfan after that loss, and I've been a loyal fan for well over 15 years now. I can't remember a game that made me more pissed off than that one. I hardly talked to anyone for a week.

Section126 said:
What happened?

thats right, i remember now. the pats were pinned back in their own territory and had to punt on 4th and FOREVER from their own side of the field after the offensive pass interference call in the endzone. good call by the refs. the fins ran out the clock, and the rest is history.

*prepares the noose*

Oh god, I don't want to relive that game again.

*Fetle position*

Can't sleep, punter will kick it 20 yards
Can't sleep, puther will kick it 20 yards
Can't sleep, Minor won't pick up the ball
Can't sleep, passing plays are called when running plays were working all day
Can't sleep, Chambers will drop ball right in hands
Can't sleep, Chambers will drop ball right in hands.

Why DID YOU DO THAT TO ME!!!!??

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Oh god, I don't want to relive that game again.

*Fetle position*

Can't sleep, punter will kick it 20 yards
Can't sleep, puther will kick it 20 yards
Can't sleep, Chambers will drop ball right in hands
Can't sleep, Chambers will drop ball right in hands.

Why DID YOU DO THAT TO ME!!!!??

Ok Dup remember what we learned in therapy, in with the good air out with the bad air in with the good air out with the bad air, take your pill and repeat

it was only a dream
it was only a dream
it was only a dream

:goof:

Back
Top Bottom