NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
Revenue beat projections and cap goes higher so everyone won $$$ 💵 since Swift brought her cult.... and won...fantastic! I'm like sooooooooo excited you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor Swift Dancing GIF

yes I do not want pay Tua that type off money. that what it all boil down too. it going hurt team in long run. I know some off yall going get mad.
It all boils down to you not wanting to pay Tua that type of money?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I think the salary cap rising should give the Dolphins more leverage to do nothing but let Tua play on his 5th year option. They don't need extend him for the cap space as much.

Maybe but doesn’t really matter part of extending him now is no matter what he gets it’ll be cheaper then next year after Dak/Love/Goff maybe Purdy reset the market. Let’s face it even if we win the division and win a playoff game or two, the same people that don’t want to pay him 50 million this year won’t want to pay him 60 million which will be market value next year after those guys get there deals.

The other benefit is we have a 2-3 year window with tyreek and Ramsey plus where we can extend current guys and make first few years cheaper. You don’t have time to wait for a rookie to develop and in those 3 years you can knock off most of Tuas guaranteed money anyways.

Whether you want to pay him or not, there’s no other option and not extending him goes against everything Miamis done the last two years. McDaniel and Grier might as well hand in their resignation if we are just switching to rebuild mode again because that’s what not signing Tua is doing.

Again, I'm only disputing that claim that we were the second worst line in the league.

Every comment is not Tua centric. Wish ppl would stop with the defensiveness and assumption that it is. I even made that exact disclaimer.

That get tiresome and detracts from other valid discussions, IMO.
I wasn't making it about Tua... It just so happens that Tua was the fastest QB to get rid of the ball and the Fins OL were the worst at forming a pocket... The point was, this OL wasn't good, mostly because of injuries but still...

Maybe but doesn’t really matter part of extending him now is no matter what he gets it’ll be cheaper then next year after Dak/Love/Goff maybe Purdy reset the market. Let’s face it even if we win the division and win a playoff game or two, the same people that don’t want to pay him 50 million this year won’t want to pay him 60 million which will be market value next year after those guys get there deals.

The other benefit is we have a 2-3 year window with tyreek and Ramsey plus where we can extend current guys and make first few years cheaper. You don’t have time to wait for a rookie to develop and in those 3 years you can knock off most of Tuas guaranteed money anyways.

Whether you want to pay him or not, there’s no other option and not extending him goes against everything Miamis done the last two years. McDaniel and Grier might as well hand in their resignation if we are just switching to rebuild mode again because that’s what not signing Tua is doing.
This only makes sense if you know for sure Tua is your guy. Tua could get injured next season which would be more in line with his career than staying healthy was this season. He could be ineffective or have a mediocre season facing more playoff level teams. He could falter towards the end of the season as he has done. Any or all of the reasons I wouldn't want Tua under contract longer than I need to.

This only makes sense if you know for sure Tua is your guy. Tua could get injured next season which would be more in line with his career than staying healthy was this season. He could be ineffective or have a mediocre season facing more playoff level teams. He could falter towards the end of the season as he has done. Any or all of the reasons I wouldn't want Tua under contract longer than I need to.

I’ve already dispelled everything you said not to you but I have in this thread I don’t have the energy to do it again but just about everything you said is wrong and didn’t happen.

Regardless whether he’s your guy, my guy, joes guy, five guys, more guys etc he’s Miami’s guy for the next three years. Like I said you have no other option and would be going against the entire plan Miami put into place.

Back
Top Bottom