NFL Network Rumours | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Rumours

Tommatt said:
The whole draft value isn't good statement is BS. True, there are no franchise players, but IMO, this is a very deep draft. There are great players all through rounds 1, 2, and 3.

I couldn't agree more. It seems like all these people are a bunch of cows going with the flow. San Fran likes Rodgers....then discovers most teams think more of Smith.....so rather than trusting their own opinion - they would rather trust public perception....than deal with what they perceive might be a PR disaster by taking Rodgers. A couple of people say the draft doesnt have any franchise guys....and so there isn;t any talent in the draft - ALL BS... Yeah and Manning was worth how many 1st rounders to move up 3 spots??????????? BS.... HE SUCKED LAST YEAR. I was NEVER convinced he was special. Just because his brother is doesn't mean he will be - sure it helps but it doesnt matter. Look at last years top 10 ... it doesn't seem so special right now. At this point the players in last years draft were between 10 and 20. There are uncertainties with most players. This year is no exception. Last year was no exception. It may be that Alex Smith is a better prospect than Manning and Rivers ..... it seems like a distinct possability - yet look at all the hype Manning got. Is Reggie Williams better than Mike Williams??? No way - yet it seems they will have been drafted at about the same position in the draft - so is this draft weaker or stronger? I think what is going on is teams are finally starting to realize what I have said forever - if you could amass as many 1st day picks as you could by trading to the middle, bottom, or out of the 1st round. You will have INFINATELY BETTER DRAFTS. Look at Miami. We have not had a succesful 1st round pick since TIM BOWENS!!!! yet last year was our first losing season. Chambers 2nd, Taylor 3rd, Madison 3rd, Surtain 2nd, Mcmichael 4th?, Thomas 5th, Ogunleya 7th or undrafted...... EVERY PLAYER OF ANY WORTH FOR US THAT WE DRAFTED WAS A FIND. What if we would have traded out of every first round pick we had and picked up 2 times as many special players as above over the same time period as we acquired those players? LET ME TELL YOU - WE WOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THE PATRIOTS!!!

i didnt want to start a new thread so i thought i would ask hear. what time will the first pick be?

fear-the-d said:
i didnt want to start a new thread so i thought i would ask hear. what time will the first pick be?

I'm sure SF will take the full 15 minutes so 12:15-12:20 PM EST sounds about right....

There is no surpise here.I never thought we would draft a RB with our No 2 pick.And I still think we will trade down to get more picks unless of course Smith is available.This is what Saban wants .Where there is a will there is a way.

I was hoping we would only trade down to the 5-7 spot range but if it is further down there is still a lot of good players to be had.

IMO He is maintaining that he will stick to the draft chart value but he is just posturing just as he was posturing with KC where he finally got his second round pick but had to give in to swapping 5th round picks.This is all part of negotiations.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
If we don't get one of the top three running backs in this draft be prepared for a long season.

You should know that the RB position is one of the deepest in this draft. A first round RB is not important... it's not a must. a second round RB would fit Linehans system just fine.

Boomer said:
* Dolphins 100% definitely not going RB
* Aaron Rodgers could slip to the 20's, definitely won't go before TB at #5 and very unlikely they take him
* Braylon Edwards almost guaranteed to go #2, most likely in a trade once the #1 pick is announced
* Alex Smith has become "unsignable", but will most likely be drafted #1 anyways

All sounds good to me. But I question the 1st point. If we trade down only 1-3 spots, I believe we'll draft A RB, just becuase they will be BPA after Edwards and Smith are gone.

I just want a winner. I'm sick of drafting linemen early in the draft and not see them flourish. Give me Brown, Benson, Edwards, Smith, whoever! As long as the guy can make plays for the fins I'll be his #1 fan.

Agreed with the draft being very deep this could be one of the drafts that we can get the Chris Chambers, the Sam Madisons,the Zach Thomas's and the Jason Taylors and Randy Micmichaels.....all are round 2 and above draftees. That is how we got such a good defense by picking the right guys in the later rounds other than the first.

popularwar said:
I just want a winner. I'm sick of drafting linemen early in the draft and not see them flourish. Give me Brown, Benson, Edwards, Smith, whoever! As long as the guy can make plays for the fins I'll be his #1 fan.

I agree, even tho I am not a Smith fan. An offensive skill player would be great, and I think a lock if we stay at 2.

Agent51 said:
wait, we aren't going RB PERIOD in round one, or at #2 overall?

This is the exact thing that confused me when I watched this segment.

I think (hope) he meant at #2.

after hearing how high randy meuller was on braylon edwards .. i would be estatic if miami does draft him @ #2 .. even though RB seems to be more of a need ... i believe these rumors to be true ... i'd even love it more if miami can trade with cleveland and get another #2 and get brown @ the 3 spot ....

Boomer said:
From Peter King:

"At No. 2, Nick Saban is driving an impossibly hard bargain in trade talks to move down. He's adhering to the draft-value sheet most teams use to determine the fairness of trades in a year when most NFL people you should throw the sheet away because the level of talent is not as good."

Part of the equation in the value chart is that you get to choose who you want rather than who is left. That is the real value of going first. SF may like both Smith and Edwards. They are in the position to choose whichever they want. Miami gets the leftovers.

DolphanD said:
Yeah to me the top isn't outstanding but the depth looks great. Some good players should be available with our 2nd rounder and our 3rd.

After the draft was over I'd love to see some teams draft board; where they had all the guys pegged. NFL Network should look into it. Ya gotta luv that channel. I'm pretty much shut off from the rest of crap TV b/c of that channel.

If these 3 RB's make a huge sp[lash to their respective teams, this draft will go down in history as one of the better drafts, much like the always talked about Elway, Marino, Kelly year except with RB's. That could easily happen but RB's dont last as long as QB's.

I can believe that Saban is asking for too much right now for teams to trade down. I don't know if it's a good or bad thin though, I mean is he just doing it right now to get the absolute highest possible trade value he can and will lessen his demands at the last minute if he has to, or is he doing it because he REALLY REALLY likes Edwards and he's not going to give up the chance to draft him unless a team overpay's to get him

Back
Top Bottom