NFL Network Updates again... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Updates again...

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
I'm watching last nights episode right now. Had a good time at the local dive last night :drinker:

Interesting little note about offensive linemen. Scouts time their 40 yard dash in increments of 10 yards. The most important being the first ten :rolleyes:

They listed the top five times just a minute ago and the top three were...

Robert Gallery 1.68
Jake Scott 1.68
Chris Snee 1.68

The next two were 1.69 but I forgot the names :lol:

Network words here....

Rashaun Woods ran a 4.5 and had a 39 inch vertical. They called him a late first-early second. Hey, the network has got to be talking to coaches right?

Mewelde Moore ran a 4.6 and displayed good hands catching. They used him to display "value" claiming he is a 3rd or 4th. Tulane RB

Lorenzen-Kentucky QB weighed in at 288 pounds :eek:

Originally posted by AzDolfan543413
I like Chris Snee alot and hope he falls to the third.

I don't think there is a chance of that now :D

Wasn't he a 1-2nd round projection before the combine?

Yeah but I did see a few mocks that had him falling to the third. It would really be sweet if he did, but I dont think he will.

Thanks for the updates....keep the reports coming.

Mike Mayock the co-host just said that Phillip Rivers is a consensus 11-20 pick. He also said that he was the best competitor of the bunch.

He also said that if he was throwing down the ton of money for Rothlisberger or Manning it would be Manning. He said there was still questions for him about Rothlisberger in comparison and he didn't get to answer them by coming out early.

QB Lorenzen weighed 13 pounds at birth :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not giving too many times and such but some good stories are coming.

The just interviewed Al Saunders KC Chiefs offensive coordinator.

He told a story about the vertical game and how it developed when he was at San Diego with Don Coryell. They played the Giants in '83 or 84' and the Giants beat up their receivers pretty good. So they changed their attack to go more to the vertical game.

He also said that the KC Chiefs go into a game with 30 different offensive protection schemes :eek:

I think that we could end up with Snee after all. We could move down and get him in the 2nd and still get a WR in the first and also a DE and a safety in the 3rd.But if we get Woody then I'll be very happy. That'd make sure that we do get a WR in the 1st round and maybe even Carey too if we get the picks for Wally.

Ozzy rules!!

They ran through some names and numbers fast. I couldn't keep up.

Showed Ernest Wilford in a speed catching drill. He dropped more than he caught!

Lee Evans ran a 4.4-medical question though as he's had two knee operations

Keary Colbert 3rd projected

Cotchery ran a 4.6 said he was a 2nd rounder-possession receiver and would contribute immediately

Said Michael Clayton was a stud 1st rounder and the coaches loved the fact that he still competed at the combine.

Don Beebe came on and talked about his "House of Speed" camp.

Two students at the combine I think

Said Jared Peyton needed to work on his explosive power and 40 yard dash when he arrived at the camp.

Said Michael Turner ran a 4.43 today and weighed about 220. Beebe said that Turner was the fastest in the 10 yard dash that they had in camp in the 10 years of business.

They gave some 40 times for the fastest wide receivers. I couldn't write fast enough.

Carlos Francis-4.31
Samie Parker-4.37
Lee Evans-4.4
Triande Luke was the next and I didn't get anything after that.

TE's and DL tomorrow
Mayock says WR and DL are the deepest positions in the draft.

Uh...If you are waiting on another one.

Look at the clock. The show is over. :lol:

They also interviewed Jon Gruden and Gruden said that he didn't have the ammunition to go for Phillip Rivers or Rothlesberger..

Well, that means Rivers definetely won't drop to #20.. Gruden is all over him too.

I thought Tampa gave all it's 1st round picks for the next millenium for Gruden. They got a first? :D

Back
Top Bottom