NFL O-lines analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL O-lines analysis

finresurrection

2 Babes and a little paint, sweet!!!!
Reaction score
http://www.footballguys.com/05smith_ol.htm

story was written 5/26 - so some things may have changed since.

this analysis has the Mia O-line 25th overall in the NFL but does give us an A in depth and as the story relates, don't be surprised if with the help of Houck, this group is top 15 by season's end.

fins o-line:

<STRONG>2004:<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"> 31st in rushing (1,339 yards), 32nd in YPC (3.5), 29th in sacks allowed (52), 25th PA / Sack (11.3 PA / Sack)

I cant lend a site like that any credibility for the simple reasons that they give GB (Always has a good OL) and ATL bad grades (OL coach Alex Gibbs alone makes ATL's respectable at worst) whil giving Baltimore a B in pass blocking when fact is that is 1 of the worst pass blocking OL's in the league.

Uh, 25th, right now, is about where our line should be. Personnel-wise, we added Stockar McDougle to a bunch of guys that couldn't block a high school team last year. Until Hudson Houck's teaching starts to show on the field, that's right where we should be. And they do note that we should be better, given Houck's addition.

His scouting report on out offensive line is very good. I think that just about perfectly describes the bunch of guys we have and there talent level.

finresurrection said:
http://www.footballguys.com/05smith_ol.htm

story was written 5/26 - so some things may have changed since.

this analysis has the Mia O-line 25th overall in the NFL but does give us an A in depth and as the story relates, don't be surprised if with the help of Houck, this group is top 15 by season's end.

fins o-line:

<STRONG>2004:<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black"> 31st in rushing (1,339 yards), 32nd in YPC (3.5), 29th in sacks allowed (52), 25th PA / Sack (11.3 PA / Sack)

I've always like those guys writtings, and this analysis shows, they've done their homework.. good read.

its about right, i think our line has improved last year which should place it a little higher but not much

Back
Top Bottom