NFL passing game reality... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL passing game reality...

Phins4Ever

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I watched today's game and was as frustrated as most of you guys with the passing game, but, when I looked at what other teams did I was shocked by how little passing the winning teams in the NFL did today. Here's the numbers:

Mia-147
NE-112
CAR-181
NYJ-130
KC-400
DAL-146
CLE-127
TB-268
TENN-421
NO-123
BAL-75
DEN-182

So, 9 out of 12 winning teams passed for less than 200 yards. 6 of 12 passed for less than Miami did today!! What's going on?

Usually that is because the team that is losing passes more, but you can tell a good passing team from efficiency not yards. Ours was not efficient.

CAll it game control to eat up clock and drive down the field..keeps other team's O off field and allow your team to win, plus D's are now catching up to the passing games and a good team has to be able to run if they want to win, especially in the winter months.

Winning in this league, is usually dominated by the run, and third down passing.

We played well enough to score 17 points on offense, and our defense played the way a defense should when it makes 75% of the money on the team.

That is why most of the teams who won only passed for under 200 yards.

We scored 10 points on offense. I don't think fumble recoveries are counted.

I thought the Pats would throw like crazy against the poor pass defense of the Giants, but the horrible rainy weather came into play and they ran Mike Cloud and Kevin Faulk quite a bit.

We're still a passing team......

The thing is again when we were down (tied)we drove the ball right down the field. Against the Giants when they took the lead they didn't have it for long. I think we can score when we have to. I think we can score quickly when we have to. Against the texans with 50 seconds left we were on our way to winning the game except for Darrius not draggin his feet we'd have had the ball within 20 yards of a FG.

Well offcourse they count, but I am saying statistically they do not count as offensive TDs, correct me if I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom