NFL settles St. Louis' lawsuit over Rams' relocation to Los Angeles for $790 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL settles St. Louis' lawsuit over Rams' relocation to Los Angeles for $790 million

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score

Not sure how this affects Miami and owner Stephen Ross but it sounds like this settlement nearing approximately $800m will be split among the 31 owners to pay...that's insane. Even though Ross did approve for the move to begin with. CIN and SD (at the time ) were the only ones to vote against the Rams move to LA, if you recall...Ross and Carolina's owner were the only ones to vote against the Raiders move to Vegas. Not sure if Oakland is using the NFL as well for their move.

i really dont get the idea of having two teams in one city like LA and NY. There are so many other areas in the country that could use teams, now St Louis has no football team and neither does San Diego.

Utah, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City are some areas that have teams in other leagues but not NFL

i really dont get the idea of having two teams in one city like LA and NY. There are so many other areas in the country that could use teams, now St Louis has no football team and neither does San Diego.

Utah, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City are some areas that have teams in other leagues but not NFL
All about the $$$$$$$. Kroenke had no intentions of staying in STL even if they did get them a new stadium, he wanted a new stadium in a huge market like LA and eventually host a SB in a state of the art stadium which he got.

San Diego isn't taking another team that's not the Chargers, and they're not taking the Chargers back until they're no longer owned by the Spanos family.

The Rams were originally from LA so let them stay; tell the Chargers to go back to San Diego. St. Louis can have an expansion team. Oh, and please tell the Raiders to go back to Oakland where they belong and stay there... no more of this continually moving around!

Completely agree.

The Chargers to LA was a ridiculously short-sighted mistake.

Sure, they now play in a state-of-the-art Billion dollar stadium — but with no home crowd!
The visiting team often has more fans in attendance than the Chargers do.

LA is a Raiders and Rams town, more so Raiders even though they only played there for like 13 years.

Moving one of the Raiders rivals to their old home was beyond stupid.

I’ll bet more LA fans trek to Las Vegas for Raiders games than show up for Chargers games.

I know the NY teams are far better supported, but they don’t need 2 teams either. No city does.

New York and LA both have populations larger than the entire state of Utah. They also have populations larger than Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, San Diego, and St Louis combined.

New York and LA also have the 2 largest television audiences in the nation. With a larger population and more television viewers that means more money for the league. While many people see the NFL as only a sport. The owners see it as a business first and they are going to put teams in locations which create more money for their business.

Completely agree.

The Chargers to LA was a ridiculously short-sighted mistake.

Sure, they now play in a state-of-the-art Billion dollar stadium — but with no home crowd!
The visiting team often has more fans in attendance than the Chargers do.

LA is a Raiders and Rams town, more so Raiders even though they only played there for like 13 years.

Moving one of the Raiders rivals to their old home was beyond stupid.

I’ll bet more LA fans trek to Las Vegas for Raiders games than show up for Chargers games.

I know the NY teams are far better supported, but they don’t need 2 teams either. No city does.
Chargers really didn't want to go to LA, they didn't think San Diego would actually call their bluff and not build them a stadium lol They wanted Vegas but missed out, hence why the Chargers were one of 2 teams to veto Raiders move to Vegas.

Chargers really didn't want to go to LA, they didn't think San Diego would actually call their bluff and not build them a stadium lol They wanted Vegas but missed out, hence why the Chargers were one of 2 teams to veto Raiders move to Vegas.

Even dumber move then. Cutting off their nose to spite their face, so-to-speak.

The Raiders to Vegas was also stupid. Left a rabid fanbase with half a century worth of history. To a vagabond city. If the Raiders had to leave Oakland, it should have been to LA where they also have a rabid fanbase.

The NFL rarely gets anything right these days.

Not sure how this affects Miami and owner Stephen Ross but it sounds like this settlement nearing approximately $800m will be split among the 31 owners to pay...that's insane. Even though Ross did approve for the move to begin with. CIN and SD (at the time ) were the only ones to vote against the Rams move to LA, if you recall...Ross and Carolina's owner were the only ones to vote against the Raiders move to Vegas. Not sure if Oakland is using the NFL as well for their move.

I know you were referring to what effect this had on Miami bro but the discussion is NFL related and not about Miami so I moved it to that forum

Back
Top Bottom