NFL Total Access and the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Total Access and the Dolphins

I think Saban doesn't care much for the media. He has already restricted them to just the media room and doesn't allow team personnel to talk to anyone. So I agree that once we start winning we will get the attention.

Saban has come out and said that pthe players will oly be speakingon the NFL required media days. I don 't see alot of pats players on NFl net either.. just an observation

It's Saban's fault, not the media

Some of you guys are unbelieveable. When Nick Saban shut off media access, most of you said, 'That's great! Whatever will help the team. I don't care about the media, I just care about winning.'

But now that you're not getting any news, you rip ESPN and NFL Total Access. The simple truth is if you want to blame somebody, blame Saban. He didn't even make himself or Mueller available to the media yesterday. No soundbytes, no coverage. Period. And he rarely makes the players available to the media.

Those who didn't like this policy in the first place say, 'We told you so.'

Meant to make observations more than assign blame

DanTheMan13 said:
Some of you guys are unbelieveable. When Nick Saban shut off media access, most of you said, 'That's great! Whatever will help the team. I don't care about the media, I just care about winning.'

But now that you're not getting any news, you rip ESPN and NFL Total Access. The simple truth is if you want to blame somebody, blame Saban. He didn't even make himself or Mueller available to the media yesterday. No soundbytes, no coverage. Period. And he rarely makes the players available to the media.

Those who didn't like this policy in the first place say, 'We told you so.'

My intention was to make observations more than assign blame. My assumption is that Saban was behind the lack of coverage. I did make an observation that some teams get a lot of exposure (ie. jaguars, vikings, ravens).

Willie McGinnis was on the show for a couple of days or so, and Troy Brown was interiews on Patriots cam.

Lee2000

Actually NFL Network seems to give Miami the most coverage out of any of the other sports shows. Not just Ricky Williams, and Pat Surtain, the coverage isn't negative. Miami is talked about a lot with Around the league with Adam Schefter. Yesterday Adam Schefter was talking about the Randy Mueller signing and Nick Saban. There was also an interview a while back where I think Adam Schefter interviewed A.J Feeley and if he thinks Miami could turn it around and be like last year's Chargers, etc. I like NFL Network, I don't think they really portray Miami in a negative way.

cltchperf said:
Actually NFL Network seems to give Miami the most coverage out of any of the other sports shows. Not just Ricky Williams, and Pat Surtain, the coverage isn't negative. Miami is talked about a lot with Around the league with Adam Schefter. Yesterday Adam Schefter was talking about the Randy Mueller signing and Nick Saban. There was also an interview a while back where I think Adam Schefter interviewed A.J Feeley and if he thinks Miami could turn it around and be like last year's Chargers, etc. I like NFL Network, I don't think they really portray Miami in a negative way.

True about the Feeley interview, although they did make Feeley look like a complete idiot. It was around the time when Feeley was under the impression that the starting job was his to keep. Schefter went with a line of questioning that exposed that AJ didn't actually have Saban's verbal approval, and in fact AJ was merely going off what his friends had thought they heard through the media. Granted, AJ WAS an idiot for thinking he had the starting job locked down, but I got the feeling that the only reason TA had him on was so he'd look like a fool.

That's what I'm talkin bout...I origianlly posted how the phins are the redheaded stepchild of sports media...and I watch NFL Network all day...rarely do I hear about us....only if its a trade or a new aquisition...other than that we dont have any of our players or coachs on dolphins like they do with many of the raiders, falcons, vikings, and eagles personnel and players...it makes me sick sometimes when i see that bs.

I should have re-phrased my thread

cltchperf said:

I should have written a better thread here. I am not necessarily focusing on negative, but more on just interview time. Adam does a good job of touching on all the teams. And he is not always negative. I am more focused on some of the interviews (all that cam stuff). Miami never gets "live focus" too much. That is really what I am talking about. I halfway expect some negative when you go 4-12. I am talking more about present interviews etc. I realize Saban may be a huge part of that.

Lee2000

Who the hell cares we still get our Dolphin news as quick as ever and that's all that matters.

Jaj said:
Who the hell cares we still get our Dolphin news as quick as ever and that's all that matters.

We still get just as much news. However has anyone noticed the big difference. The reporting is MUCH more accurate then it has been in years.

Lee2000 said:
I have read that a lot of you have complained about ESPN 's bias against the Dolphins. At least they give some attention. With the exception of an interview with Saban early on, the NFL Total Access hasn't been what I would call a beacon of light on the Dolphins. Yeah, they focused on Patrick Surtain and Ricky Williams, but I consider that different than talking about the team at large. Very very little content in terms of the number of times the team is focused on.

Is it me or do the Vikings, Raiders, Jaguars, and Ravens hold a place dear in the heart of that show. With the exception of Sam Madison being involved in commentary of the final 4 in college basketball do any of you recall the show going to "Dolphin cam"? This may be by design via Saban. I do not know. But they have had Bill on the show and several Patriots have been interviewed. I do not recall a single Dolphin interview on the show. Just me?

Comments welcome.

Lee2000 :confused:

Yeah, I agree. I enjoy Total Access- it's a good show. But it seems everytime I turn it on, they're interviewing someone from the Ravens or the Rams or Jacksonville or New England. They LOVE those teams. It's ridiculous. It gets old after a while.

VanDolPhan said:
We still get just as much news. However has anyone noticed the big difference. The reporting is MUCH more accurate then it has been in years.

I agree. The reporting is much more accurate. It's evident that Wanny ran a loose ship. Right now, I don't have quite as much to read, but what I have seen available is better. I also like the video clips on the official site and think we are seeing more of those. If Saban has to clamp down on the media leaks for our team to become disciplined and more focused, then I am all for it, because I think it will help us win!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom