Nfle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfle

Ohiophinphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The draft/allotment/etc. for NFLE will happen Sunday. Their website though says the Dolphins have allocated Clint Stoener as one of 17 allocated QB's

In past years even NFLE all-stars have rarely made our team, i.e. Marc Lillebridge, Scott Shields, etc. but the one position which has been an exception around the league has been QB.

Will Stoener be our number 2 or 3 QB in 2004?

Last edited by a moderator:
hopefully, Stoener will not be good enuf to make the team, unless he is the MVP of NFLE and then maybe as our #3

of course, Jay played in NFLE... and Newson made team last year based on NFLE accomplishments

Well initially Newson didn't make the team but he was called up when we ran into some problems at the WR position.

I still think we should have made a go at Charles Lee or Marc Lester. Everyone kept wantin to talk about Robert Baker but he didn't do squat this year and chances are he never will. I watched him play opposite Marc Lester and it was obvious he was playing second fiddle to the big man. Lester's a talent I still insist. As for Lee I saw him play in preseason and DAMN did I pray the Dolphins would scoop him up when the Bucs were dumb enough to cut him. I worked in a restaurant at the time and one guy I served was a huge Bucs fan and started askin me about football, once he figured out that I know my X's and O's pretty well (and that at the time I was writin for Ask the Commish), he asked me what I thought of the Bucs. I told him one thing...remember the name Charles Lee. Sure enough, down the line Keyshawn gets dumped and whose name gets called up from the unemployment line to all the sudden become the Buccaneers starting WR catching an average of 6 balls for 72 yards a game over a 6 game period? Charles Lee. Boy you should have seen him make a damn fool out of Aaron Beasley in the preseason against the Jets.

I don't think Clint will be in the picture at all based on Collier's Q & A session at miamidolphins.com:

Q: Jake Delhomme and Kurt Warner are recent success stories from NFL Europe. Is it more importna t for a youn quarterback to play in Europe or spend time here learning the offense? I guess what IÕm getting at is will Sage Rosenfels go to Europe?

A: Right now, Sage is not scheduled as a part of our Europe program. It never hurts to have a chance to play. I think the only negative about sending Sage is that we have a new program this year in terms of us as coaches on offense and it's a pressure year for him because he needs to step up and show he's got a chance of being a number two or a number one or whatever he's got a chance at. I think he needs to be around to show it during the course of the mini-camps and the quarterback schools. I think there's no substitute for experience. From the standpoint of Sage, I think he needs to be around here to make sure that he's a part of this program, seen every day, as we go on.

If Clint was in the picture he would stay here, with Sage, to learn the new program. IMHO, he is training camp fodder.

Read the entire Q & A here: http://www.miamidolphins.com/home/home_index.html

Back
Top Bottom