NFLPA Speaks Out on Maurice Clarett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLPA Speaks Out on Maurice Clarett

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
NFLPA Speaks Out

The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) has finally broken their silence surrounding the Maurice Clarett situation. NFL Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw said Wednesday that he agrees with team owners and league executives who say suspended Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett should not be eligible for the 2004 draft.

While Upshaw publicly disagrees with Clarett moving forward, he did acknowledge that this is a very serious case and it could alter the relationship between the NFL and NCAA, feeling that seem to be shared by NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

I agree let's not mess up the NFL like they did the NBA with all the youngins!!!!!!

He's a RB for Ohio (I think) who was declared ineligible for the entire year for getting into trouble and lying to the cops (or something like that). So, he wants to come to the NFL, but he's still a year short of the NFL's age requirement away from high school. The guy's a crook and a liar, not that that is out of the ordinary now a days, buy rules are rules. Now Fitzgerald is different, because he's only weeks away from the requirement and he may challenge the rules too.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
The guy's a crook and a liar, not that that is out of the ordinary now a days, buy rules are rules.

Not to mention he is extremely immature. He fumbled twice in a game in 2002, and started bawling like a baby when he was yanked. I can't stand him.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
i hope clarett gets into the league and falls flat on his face...he represents everything that is wrong with sports

And that is why he SHOULD NOT be allowed in. It will open the floodgates for kids to come straight out after 1 year or even straight out of high school. It will damage the product that the NFL puts out on the field because not only will it bring inferior manpower to the NFL, buit will also force teams to divert it's resources into scouting hundreds of extra players, none of whom are ready for the NFL.

Now Fitzgerald is different, because he's only weeks away from the requirement and he may challenge the rules too.

Now I have no problem with that Fitgerald simply because he's not trying to buck the system. He truly has a special circumstance, as he transfered to a military school to get his grades up and finished a year after his original high school class. If he would have sat out Proposition 48, he'd be eligble for the draft. Instead, he stayed back a year and got his grades up for college.

The rule right now is that you have to be 3 years separated from your high school graduating class to enter the NFL draft. Clarett is only 2 years separated and he wants to fight the rule. I think the rule is good, we don't want players coming out of HS into the NFL. Also, I think it is good to let players develop in the college game. Also, if players start entering the league to young, they might not be built up enough and could get seriously injured. I think the 3 year rule is a good rule and it should stick. However, if Clarett goes to court and challenges it, he will win because he will say that the NFL is preventing him from having a job he is qualified for.

Fitzgerald should be allowed in the draft because he did a 5th year of High School. I think he will get an exemption and will be in the NFL in 2004.

Must resist urge .... cant do it ....

He's a RB for Ohio (I think) who was declared ineligible for the entire year for getting into trouble and lying to the cops (or something like that).

BigMiamiFan must've found a way to erase his memory :infins: , if he doesn't remember Clarrett scoring 2 touchdowns as an OHIO STATE BUCKEYE against his boys in last year's championship game! :evil:

Sorry I had to. :D

Back
Top Bottom