NFP Week 6 rookie report card : Dolphins vs Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFP Week 6 rookie report card : Dolphins vs Jets

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Week-6-rookie-report-card-DolphinsJets.html

Daniel Thomas – Miami
Thomas was the Dolphins 2nd round pick out of Kansas State. He is a big back with quickness and power. While his stats were just average in the game versus the Jets, he played better than his stats would indicate. He finished the game with 15 carries for 47 yards and caught 1 pass for 12 yards.
Thomas is a quick starter with good lean. He has good vision and instincts and makes good decisions with the ball in his hands. He runs with good lean and has the balance and power to get yards after contact. The one thing I liked is he never stops his feet and is always looking to get extra yards. He can make a cut in the hole and has the quick feet and hips to make defenders miss. In the pass game he shows good hands and gets up field quickly after the catch. He is a willing blocker who will face up and is aware to pick up blitzes. Overall, I like Thomas’ game. He looks like he will be a productive back for the Dolphins in the future. He earns a B.
Mike Pouncey – Miami
MikePouncey-1.jpg

Dolphins center Mike Pouncey

Pouncey was the Dolphins first round pick out of Florida and stars at center. He has good size, strength and power. He is athletic with speed and the ability to move his feet and bend. He plays well both in tight and in space. In the Jets game he was best as a pass blocker. He sets quickly and plays with a good base. He keeps his hands up, has a strong punch and can recoil and punch again quickly. He is strong in both the upper and lower body, plays with good knee bend and can anchor. He does a good job helping out other linemen when free. In the run game he is a tenacious blocker who consistently works to finish. Though he is strong and kept his feet moving he was inconsistent at getting movement in the Jets game. The Jets have a big defensive line and they can be very difficult to move off the ball. He did a good job getting out to linebackers and showed on a screen pass that he could play in space, adjust on the move and make a productive block. Though Pouncey is good, he is not as good as his brother in Pittsburgh. Still, he should be a player the Dolphins can win with and should have a productive career. He earns a B+.

These are great reviews FFIC. I think these two are the very rare successful picks this team has made. I really like the way Thomas runs. I just hope he can stay healthy.

Thanks for sharing these.

i really liked the thomas pick when it was made. he is going to be a very good back for us. its good to actually have a center now too, but now we need two guards and a rt. glad these two are having success despite the crap around them

Back
Top Bottom