Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

So your saying Tomlinson's 70 TD's compared to Brees 79 is insignificant in the wins the Chargers got during the Drew Brees era? Drew Brees TD's count for more point or something?

Me a Tannelover?

That's the problem with you extremist, I get called a Tannelover by you and like 2 days ago I get grouped in the 8% who believe Tannehill sucks. Theres no in between with you extremist, if i saying something positive I'm a lover and when i say something negative I'm a hater. Whatever happened to objectivity?

And I compared their college winning% since you incorrectly stated Brees won more than he lost which is incorrect according to win% but you know who cares about facts.
Be as objective as you want but I’d suggest stopping the comparisons of Ryan Tannehill to Drew Brees. Because there is no comparison.

I incorrectly stated Brees won more than he lost? Purdue went 33-16 in his four seasons with the team. And that’s a fact.

Maybe you just want to debate for debating sake.

My god it just gets more comical by the post and thread. Now Brees won equally because of Tomlinson. And RT win pct at A&M was higher than Drew Brees win pct at Purdue, a perennial doormat of a program that hasn’t seen the likes of the win pcts that Brees delivered very often in their history. From the same crowd that firmly stated QB win pct is an irrelevant stat. Oh it’s irrelevant in all cases except the case that just might assist my pathetic and futile argument for RT the franchise QB. Brees at .517 first five years while RT was 37-40? Yeah not too different right? Let’s just disregard everything Brees accomplished before and after those five seasons. RT surely is bound for the same even though nothing in his past says the future will be any different.

One look. One meeting. One film study. One huddle call. One two minute drive. One interview. One second.

This is all it takes to determine the vast divide between a Drew Brees and a RT.

Just stop.

RT win% in college IS higher than Brees thats literally a fact. FYI google is your friend. The year before Brees started Purdue won 9 games, when Brees started the following year they won 9 games, the year before Tannehill started Aggies won 6 games when Tannehill started the following year in half a season he went 6-1. So yes he didn't exactly step into a power house as you claim.

It's not about win% its about common sense. If the Chargers have a HB who scored 70 TD's while Brees scored 79 TD's in 4 years of play its 100% fair to say thats really really helpful when it comes to the old win column.

I guarantee if I presented you with Tannehill and Brees numbers through 5 years and you had no clue as to the team record you wouldn't think Brees was vastly superior. What in Brees past made anyone think he was going to be the QB he became? He didn't dominate in college or in his 1st 5 years in the NFL. You say what you say with the benefit of hind sight you sure weren't making these judgement with one film study, one huddle, 1 second when Brees was out there throwing 17 and 11 TD's in his 2nd and 3rd year and everybody wrote him off as a bust forcing the chargers to draft Rivers. So yeah...just stop.

JFC now Brees won because he had Tomlinson. Maybe Brees is better than RT and wins more than he loses even at a school like Purdue? Ever think of that?

Talk about a deflection. Stop deflecting from reality.

Be as objective as you want but I’d suggest stopping the comparisons of Ryan Tannehill to Drew Brees. Because there is no comparison.

I incorrectly stated Brees won more than he lost? Purdue went 33-16 in his four seasons with the team. And that’s a fact.

My apologies I meant you incorrectly stated that Brees won more than RT even at a school like Purdue which is false according to win%.

JFC now Brees won because he had Tomlinson. Maybe Brees is better than RT and wins more than he loses even at a school like Purdue? Ever think of that?

Talk about a deflection. Stop deflecting from reality.

Brees was terrible his first three years in the league. In 2003, he was benched for part of the season and replaced by Doug Flutie. That is why they drafted Eli. How he played later in his career doesn't change that fact.

He was 59-58 in SD with a QB rating of 84.9. That was with a top ranked rushing offense.

So maybe through the first 3 - 5 years of his career he wasn't really better than Tannehill.

Brees was terrible his first three years in the league. In 2003, he was benched for part of the season and replaced by Doug Flutie. That is why they drafted Eli. How he played later in his career doesn't change that fact.

He was 59-58 in SD with a QB rating of 84.9. That was with a top ranked rushing offense.

So maybe through the first 3 - 5 years of his career he wasn't really better than Tannehill.
It was only a matter of time for Drew Brees. He exudes confidence, winning, leadership and production.

I can’t wait for the same from RT in the next five years.

And now why would that have been? The starter need is already filled. Now we just need a backup and you don't draft backups at pick 11.
We will see what this brain trust does. The win now philosophy of over spending, lousy cap management, and poor decisions in the draft likely will continue.

My apologies I meant you incorrectly stated that Brees won more than RT even at a school like Purdue which is false according to win%.
It was quoted in this thread that Brees was .649 at Purdue and RT was .650 at A&M. I haven’t validated this data. Why bother? The QB win pct stat has been debunked as meaningless because the supporting cast is the critical component. Duh.

All I know is Brees was 33-16 in four years at Purdue. Obviously didn’t start every game as a freshman. Top five Heisman two years. All while at Purdue.

The guy is a winner in every sense. It’s not even a comparison.

...except when you compare them. And realize how similar their early careers are.

If Brees was such a known winner why did the chargers let him go?

...except when you compare them. And realize how similar their early careers are.

If Brees was such a known winner why did the chargers all said and done. I am still mad about brees not being dolphins. we all would be much happier if he was dolphins. N.E would not be winning every yr.

It was quoted in this thread that Brees was .649 at Purdue and RT was .650 at A&M. I haven’t validated this data. Why bother? The QB win pct stat has been debunked as meaningless because the supporting cast is the critical component. Duh.

All I know is Brees was 33-16 in four years at Purdue. Obviously didn’t start every game as a freshman. Top five Heisman two years. All while at Purdue.

Glad to see you've made a conscious effort to try to control your TanneRage in this thread.. only compelled to make 1 out of every 5.5 posts. Props to you.
hard wired drooling pavlovians  logo with tannehill.jpg

Theres plenty to compare here are their numbers through 4 years of play
Player A 62.3%comp% 12127 yards 79 TD's and 53ints 6.8y/a 84.7qb rating 4.4td% and 3int%
Player B 63.7%comp% 15161 yards 94 TD's and 54ints 7.0y/a 88.8qb rating 4.4td% and 2.5int%

Can you see which one exudes confidence, winning, leadership and production?

I've asked you about how Tomlinson's 70 TD's (in the 4 years he played with Brees) impacted the Brees/Chargers winning during the Brees era and you just avoided it so let me help you out.

Fun fact the Chargers from 2002-2005 in games where they rush for 100 yards or less went 1-19 thats a win% of 0.050. In games where the rushing offense only scored 1 TD they went 10-16. Please tell me how Brees exudes confidence, winning, leadership and production.

What he was with the Chargers and what he is with the Saints are 2 different QB's. While I don't dispute that Brees after leaving the Chargers has been an elite QB HOF caliber QB it is nonsense to say his time with the Chargers is not comparable to Tannehills first 4-5 years.

It's equally ignorant to proclaim that he is just a winner who wins when he had 3 consecutive losing seasons with the Saints prior to 2017. What happened in 2017? The Saints got themselves a top 10 defense. The saints went 11-5 with Brees throwing the fewest amount of yards since 2005 and the fewest amount of TD's since 2003.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom