Nick "GOD" Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick "GOD" Saban

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
I have a few things i got to say bout this guy. When i watched this guy's press he said he wants big players and youth and wants to have the best available players. I like the free agent signings, dont get me wrong but i just don't see youth. I know the draft was a good one but the only free agent signee that has youth is Donnie Spragan. I don't know what Saban is doing here is he building for the future or a Ring in 2 years cuz the signees are pretty old n washed up. I just hope he knows wat he's doing but i just don't see it. Anyone see wat im talking about?

Dominizzzzzo

Youth = Draft

You fail to realize that this isn't a one year deal. The youth will be added through time during the draft. These FA pickups are only for the short term until we can draft the youth.

We still have to attend to our needs, and if the only way to fill them is through free agency, so be it. We only have so many draft picks. Most of these older players are being signed to short-term deals, because I think Saban is confident in his ability to draft quality players, and thinks he will be able to replace most of them in the next year or two. There was a glaring hole at DT until today. We shouldn't have waited until the next draft to address it, so we didn't. We were forced to take an older player, and thank goodness we did.

Its hard to get young quality free agents without paying an arm and a leg for them Teams are also trying to sign rookies to longer and longer beginning contracts, so there just isn't that much young talent available. We are not the only team who is using this philosophy. The draft is the best way to do it, and that takes time.

Yes! Thank you dominizzo! A good thread going on about Saban! This is the guy we should be praising and making 1000's of the threads about. :pray: I believe in you SABAN.

The thing about youth is... if you get so many young guys in one year, you have too much inexperience going on and that really hurts the team chemistry.You have to keep a solid core of veterans who can help teach these news guy slowly and keep adding new guys each year. We will be getting MOST (if not all) of our youth through the draft. I have a feeling this year's draft is going to be GREAT for us no matter where we pick. We already have 8 picks I believe, and just look what Saban did with 6 picks this year.
IN SABAN WE TRUST :allhail:

Saban is doing a good job of plug'n holes and getting a ggod mix of players young as well as older players. With the right mix we could go all the way SOON.

No. Roth, Crowder, Alabi, Vickerson, Brown, Bua, Chambers Boston, all of these guys are 25 and under.

dominizzo said:
I have a few things i got to say bout this guy. When i watched this guy's press he said he wants big players and youth and wants to have the best available players. I like the free agent signings, dont get me wrong but i just don't see youth. I know the draft was a good one but the only free agent signee that has youth is Donnie Spragan. I don't know what Saban is doing here is he building for the future or a Ring in 2 years cuz the signees are pretty old n washed up. I just hope he knows wat he's doing but i just don't see it. Anyone see wat im talking about?

Dominizzzzzo

Basically what he has done here so far is fix holes that he can with the cap that he has...the youth and rebuilding will take several offseasons. He not only has to clear out the players that he doesn't want or that don't fit in his scheme, but he has to work within the framework of the cap. That means that this year, we will play more base D like we have the last 8 years, but there will be a few packages thrown in not there in the past. And next season, we'll see more of his D scheme and less of the press coverage that dW and JJ ran...He has to work with some guys that don't really fit into his style of play...JT, ZT, SM, PS..all are or were players that don't really fit into Saban's scheme...but cutting or trading all of them this year just isn't feasable. What the difference in this team, to me, will be that we will see guys like Daniels, Crowder, Roth, Bell, etc actually play a role in their respective positions and contribute. Except for last years injury fisaco, when have we seen draft choices make significant contributions in DWs era ?? While I see exactly what you are saying, we have to wait to see what kind of product Saban puts on the field. I would be happy with a team that is competitive against every team. May not win every game, but at least be in games...too many times in the last 4 years, right from the git-to, we were out of games...not competitive, not prepared.

Sometimes it takes several drafts to rebuild a team. As one member so eloquently stated, you have to have some veteran free agents, otherwise you'd have a lot of holes.

Back
Top Bottom