Nick Mangold | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Mangold

JohnDolphin73

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everyone on this board seems that we need to sign FA LaCharles Bently to play center. I thought I would throw in a name that would be a better fit for our system and that would be NICK MANGOLD. He is projected as a 2nd round pick from Ohio State.

I really feel that we could sign 3 or 4 quality FA that could help us and stay with in our cap. Hutch (G) or Best (LT), Wayne (WR), (QB) and (DB). If we can't get Cutler at the 16th pick then trade down and pick up some extra picks. Then draft Croyle, Mangold and DB. People need to remember that there will be some players that won't be on our team that will free up some cap space and I would expect some to restructure as well. So achieveing this is not out of the question, it's all about be creative when signing players.

Mangold would be a good addition. Remember tho, FA comes before the draft. If we sign a Hutch or Bentley, then wasting a draft pick isn't smart. I think that there will be additions to our OL that can be had in FA that would serve us better. Then go after a blue chip DB (Huff, Bing) with our first pick, unless one of the top QBs can be had in the 1st. As you said, there are some guys that might be able to us that we can let sit and mature, if we get a better starter than Gus.

JohnDolphin73 said:
Everyone on this board seems that we need to sign FA LaCharles Bently to play center. I thought I would throw in a name that would be a better fit for our system and that would be NICK MANGOLD. He is projected as a 2nd round pick from Ohio State.

I really feel that we could sign 3 or 4 quality FA that could help us and stay with in our cap. Hutch (G) or Best (LT), Wayne (WR), (QB) and (DB). If we can't get Cutler at the 16th pick then trade down and pick up some extra picks. Then draft Croyle, Mangold and DB. People need to remember that there will be some players that won't be on our team that will free up some cap space and I would expect some to restructure as well. So achieveing this is not out of the question, it's all about be creative when signing players.

Signing the best LT and Reggie Wayne? That would cost a ton of money, and probably end up costing us some of our young players down the line. I say we get Hutch if we can (Seattle will probably franchise him) and try to take care of the rest in the draft (we will probably need to sign a db since it looks like both madison and howard are gone).

First of all, wrong forum.

Second of all, I dont think you know what our system is if you think Nick Mangold fits it. He's 35 pounds lighter then the other two Centers we are likely to retain.

JohnDolphin73 said:

If we got Jon Scott, mangold in the second, and Hutchinson in FA, we would be set for years to come ladies. I wouldnt mind that at all! Croyle/Jacobs/Whitehurst in the third and I would be all kinds of happy! Dont think it would happen quite like that though.

Disgustipate said:
First of all, wrong forum.

Second of all, I dont think you know what our system is if you think Nick Mangold fits it. He's 35 pounds lighter then the other two Centers we are likely to retain.

Dwight Stevenson was light...............not light in toughness though.:D

finfan54 said:
Dwight Stevenson was light...............not light in toughness though.:D

Well that's great and all but Dwight Stevenson would have a much harder time today than 20 years ago.

Jaj said:
Well that's great and all but Dwight Stevenson would have a much harder time today than 20 years ago.

how so? just because you're outweighed doesn't mean you can't overcome with proper technique. what about our very own JT? how big is k.mawae? 289 lbs & I think he can play a little bit.

Nick Mangold is up to almost 300lbs and I'd love for us to have him...he's a leader and has a mean streak...he'll get the job done.....is easier to find a guard than to find a center like him....I'm all for getting Huchinson and then Mangold in the 2nd but of course it all comes down to who we get in free agency and who's on the board when we pick.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree on Mangold and he is one of the players interviewed at the Senior Bowl.

If we have a have shot to get Bentley then you take him. This is a proven pro bowl player at two spots on the oline. You cant assume Mangold is going to last to our 2nd round pick. If he is there, he isnt a sure bet that he would be any good. Id take Bentley and use our 2nd to try and fix another need like the secondary. As for signing Wayne, Indy has already said they will franchise him if he isnt signed long term.

Jaj said:

He was light by any standard, but he didn't have much body fat (unlike most linemen).
Dwight had incredible natural strength and was the quickest center I have ever seen. Look at his highlights. On some plays he would explode quickly after the snap, engage a guard or NT and throw them to the ground, then take on a LB and take him out of the play.
He had incredible balance and body control and used leverage like no O-lineman I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom