nick mangold | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nick mangold

L 2 the T

Practice Squad
Reaction score
hey what do you guys think about this guy in the first, I just think he'd be a monster for us for years.

would be a great pickup just not at 16. if we trade down into the low to mid 20s would be an excellent pick.

well ill wait to see the guy play a down in the nfl before i compare him to stephenson. he would be the best talent wise we have had at center in a long time.

I wouldnt care if we did draft him at 16. People want a WR who would be either injured or just like some other average wide reciever while Mangold would be a pro bowler for years with Houck as his mentor. Its a no brainer to me.

We need a leader on the OL and Mangold fits the bill. I wouldnt care what anyone would say about taking him at 16. a Great player is a great player at any position. You cant lose!

RHoffman said:
:dolphins:

Trade down with who though, that is the question. The jets now sit at one spot and NE the other. Denver already moved up. I think in the end, Saban will stick to getting Greenway or his coveted S at that spot and hopefully have someone to trade down with as a backup plan.

but I would have no qualms about taking the stud center. None whatsoever.

I wouldnt have a problem with it, altough it is unlikley to happen at 16. Saben would trade down if thats the guy he wants

I honestly wouldn't mind taking him at 16. Instant impact player. Smart guy, could pick up the plays quickly. Help the entire oline.

once and for all

Jay Cutler did 24 bench presses and Mangold did 23.:sidelol:

Does this create any doubt in your mind that a skinny QB
can bench press more than the stud center.:sidelol:

Upper body strength is very important and I would like my offensive line to be considerably stronger than a quaterback.

If Mangold would have punched out 30-45 bench presses I would feel much more comfortable but only 23 is reason of concern.

Houck did wonders for our offensive line and with a little training I'm sure
he could turn Jay Cutler into one fine center:sidelol:

Take care,
MiamiRon

miamiron said:
once and for all

Cutler is one strong MO'FO... I had no idea he put the bar up that many times.

23 is very good gfor a QB or any guy his size.

Mangold on the other hand should be around the 30-35 mark, 24 is pretty bad for a Lineman.

Cutler is not a skinny QB. He lifted more than a lot of guys at the combine.

Your arguement is weak.

miamiron said:
once and for all

Does this create any doubt in your mind that a skinny QB
can bench press more than the stud center.:sidelol:

Upper body strength is very important and I would like my offensive line to be considerably stronger than a quaterback.

If Mangold would have punched out 30-45 bench presses I would feel much more comfortable but only 23 is reason of concern.

Houck did wonders for our offensive line and with a little training I'm sure
he could turn Jay Cutler into one fine center:sidelol:

Take care,
MiamiRon

Football isn't played in a weight room. Few if any movements simulate the bench press, where the body is parallel to the ground and the back is supported. In fact I can't think of one. Clean and press would be much more like getting under someone's shoulder pads and pushing them back. In the mid 90's under Tom Osborne, Nebraska didn't even have bench presses in their team weight room. Squats and cleans are the real football power-builders. So you're gonna fault an All-American for not having an outstanding bench press? It's crazy that they even have these guys perform the bench press. What's even crazier is that fans think that it means something.

cutler is a strong guy, his results are not a knock on mangold. and i don't think mangold is valuable enough to take at 16. centers just aren't taken that high, and if we want him, we should trade down.

Back
Top Bottom