nick mangold | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nick mangold

Agreed, obviously trading down is ideal. But if we don't have a trade partner, I'm all for taking Mangold at 16. It's high for a center, but if he turns into a Pro-Bowler then we won't be calling it a reach a few years from now.

center?

what in the hell are you talking about? why a center? it's neither bpa or need.

and i'd love to carry four natural centers on the roster:
rex hadnot
seth mckinney
wade smith
and a rookie too

great idea. no. that's a horrible idea.

you can't believe these mock projections. most of the draft choices will bust regardless, so, get the player you want even though it isn't WHERE you want.

Crowder52 said:
Agreed, obviously trading down is ideal. But if we don't have a trade partner, I'm all for taking Mangold at 16. It's high for a center, but if he turns into a Pro-Bowler then we won't be calling it a reach a few years from now.

Thank God your not a member of our front office

RunRickyRun34 said:
Thank God your not a member of our front office

The last guard/center to go near #16 was Steve Hutchinson, #17 pick in the 2001 draft. Best at his position. But boy, I bet the Seahawks wish they could have that pick back. They really "reached" taking a guard that early. The Ohio St. line coach compares Mangold favorable to Lecharles Bentley, the Saints Pro-Bowl center. But who wants a Pro-Bowl center? Let's keep ignoring O-line like we have for a while. Who is it, by the way, that you want to take?

Back
Top Bottom