Nick Saban and Preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban and Preseason

N

NJFinFury2004

I have to say IM taken back at hoiw negative everyone is after a preseason game. There is another post that mentions similar hype over the same player in a preseason game from 2002. He REMINDS us all that we had just aquired Ricky from the Saints and we happened to play them first on the pre-season schedule, and guess what? We stunk it up. The O line was terrible, and I may be wrong here but I think Ricky actually had a few more carries that game with almost identical results.

Lets really think about this ok? We all feel confident in Nick Saban and his ability to make adjustments, create new schemes and flat out coach when it comes to the game of Football. We also feel the same way about the proven Hudson Houck who has become known as one of the NFL'S best at what he does, if not the very best.

So we played a pre-season game and we didn't look like the 94 Niners. Ricky Williams didn't rush for 220 yards on 3 carries. ( Saban also mentioned the ridiculous expectations of unrealistic Fans)

Did we have some problems on the offensive line? Yes we had a few problems on the O line. Isnt that why we were so happy to have hired Hudson Houck for the Job in making it better? Did anyone really expect he could do that in a little over 2 weeks? Also, he had no gauge to go by. We hand't played VS another NFL teams for him to make the adjustments he needs to and spend the time with the lineman who needs to change what they are doing.

24 Hours ago, we were all very excited about him being here and brining the knowledge he has amased over his NFL Career. Now we have given up on him and the O line after 15 Minutes of Football? LOL !!

Yes the defense didnt look to be what we all had hoped. What were we hoping for? I don't think any of us were realistic, including myself. Once again I bring to front, weren't we all very excited about Nick Saban 24 hours ago? We were happy because of his ability to evaluate talent ( Crowder, Daniels and Roth all looked pretty good) and his ability to create new and exciting defensive schemes. Do some of you really think he wanted to show them during a preseason game vs the Chicago Bears?

I for one still am very confident in this Football team and the coaching staff that leads it. This gave Nick, Scott and Hudson the chance to see what we need to work on and improve before the games actually --> Count!

Ricky only rushed for 8 yards on 5 carries, but boy oh boy he did bring those fancy dancing shoes he has. If he would have broke one run for 20 yards, it changes the whole night, RIGHT? LOL

Fear not FIN Faithfull Nick and company will have this team full bore by October, maybe even Sept!

I saw some good and bad last night. The competition at each position is picking up. I liked Y. Bell and C. Crowder.

By the end of pre-season, I have the feeling Saban will make some roster moves that may surprise the faithfull.

Good post, way to keep the faith. No reason to show everything we might have during a pre-season game. I for one would rather game plan for the games that actually count. I would however like to say that I belive Boston should take the place of Thompson.

Back
Top Bottom