Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

Doesn't it bother you guys,that six years later,we talk about Nick Saban on this board more than Marino or Shula.
Kind of says alot about the state of our Dolphins, the past decade.

Doesn't it bother you guys,that six years later,we talk about Nick Saban on this board more than Marino or Shula.

I don't really talk about Saban all that much, in fact hardly at all since it all happened. But you can't blame people for talking about him since he is actually relevant to things happening in football now, and Marino and Shula aren't. There's only so much wasn't yesterday great that we can have.

You know what it is Namor. Deep down they know that had the franchise followed Saban's lead instead of dicking him around, we wouldve had success here. He was the one guy who knew what he was doing. So the fans hate him for leaving. They all know we couldve won with Saban. Brees and Saban wouldve brought us championships. JT owes a ton of his success to Saban's defensive mind.

They are just misplacing their hate. The fans should hate Wayne Huizenga, not Saban. Mr. H was the moron who wouldnt give total control to the man who knew what he was doing. Instead, 2 years later he gives complete control to the totally clueless Bill Parcells and even gives him a contract that allows him to leave whenever he wishes, job done or not.

Mr. H knew he goofed by not letting Saban do his thing. So then he tried to overcompensate with that deal he gave Parcells. Problem is he then turned it over to a guy who isnt even close to Saban's level.

I know if Saban wouldve had 1st pick in 2008, he wouldve drafted Matty Ice. Thing is, had Saban stayed here, there is no way in hell we go 1-15 in 2007.

Also, they are going to hate Saban even more if he does go to Cleveland. There, the owner will be smart enough to just turn the whole thing over to Saban. He will build that terrible franchise into a consistant winner. Within a few years they will dominate the AFC North. We may never get to a SB again. Between Andrew Luck in Indy and Nick Saban running the show in Cleveland, how could we?

This has "Saban trying to clear his name for an NFL job" all over it.

LOL if you really believe that.

You really think that Nick Saban can't get another NFL job without justifying why one of the worst franchises over the past 10 years missed on a QB?

The Miami Dolphins haven't done much of anything right since drafting Dan Marino. I'm sure other franchises in the know certainly blame Nick Saban for the Dolphins past six or so seasons.

Some of you are scorned ex-girlfriends who will NEVER let it go.

Also, they are going to hate Saban even more if he does go to Cleveland. There, the owner will be smart enough to just turn the whole thing over to Saban. He will build that terrible franchise into a consistant winner. Within a few years they will dominate the AFC North. We may never get to a SB again. Between Andrew Luck in Indy and Nick Saban running the show in Cleveland, how could we?

Why are you so sure, Saban wasn't good in the NFL the first time because you can't simply recruit the players you want. You have to be better at judging the talent and working the system in place for acquiring talent better than most of the people in the NFL, who can also be pretty smart themselves. You can't use your name and school prestige and recruit 20 top recruits a year to have the best ones emerge as starters for your team, you have one first round pick and some other draft picks to bring in talent in a predetermined order that may not give you a chance at all at who you want, and you have limited FA and cap dollars to bring in star players. If you make a bad judgement on a top recruit, one of the other top recruits will be there to replace him, or you can just bring in another recruit next year. You mess up a big decision, such as the starting QB position or a 2nd overall pick, and it can handicap your team for years.

In the end, I will always root against Saban, but I'll always feel like I got the last laugh in that a guy who pretty much wrote books about how awesome he was came to the NFL and ended up running away like a little girl because he couldn't handle it.

Why are you so sure, Saban wasn't good in the NFL the first time because you can't simply recruit the players you want. You have to be better at judging the talent and working the system in place for acquiring talent better than most of the people in the NFL, who can also be pretty smart themselves. You can't use your name and school prestige and recruit 20 top recruits a year to have the best ones emerge as starters for your team, you have one first round pick and some other draft picks to bring in talent in a predetermined order that may not give you a chance at all at who you want, and you have limited FA and cap dollars to bring in star players. If you make a bad judgement on a top recruit, one of the other top recruits will be there to replace him, or you can just bring in another recruit next year. You mess up a big decision, such as the starting QB position or a 2nd overall pick, and it can handicap your team for years.

In the end, I will always root against Saban, but I'll always feel like I got the last laugh in that a guy who pretty much wrote books about how awesome he was came to the NFL and ended up running away like a little girl because he couldn't handle it.

Well if he picked Brees over Culpepper then I'd say he made the right call.

Unfortunately, head coaches in the NFL don't get the kind of pull that they get in the college ranks.

And people really need to stop comparing the NFL and CFB. Two totally different games here.

Nick saban news does anyone really care? He is staying in college where he belongs. If he comes to the NFL he will be average for a couple of years and then drop out back to college

He shouldnt go to Cleveland. Saban dosent have enough time to turn that franchise around. He needs to start focusing on a run at the presidency in 2016.

Lmfao, Saban in the White House? I'll be voting for the other guy.
E415.png
Kidding aside, I could see Saban coming back to the NFL. He's accomplished pretty much everything you can accomplish in college football. I think it may eat at him that he flopped in the NFL as a head coach. He also knows that if he gets- of all teams- the ****ing Cleveland Browns to be a consistently competitive franchise, he'd be a bigger god in Cleveland than he already is in Tuscaloosa. Just food for thought. I doubt he comes back in the end, but I certainly won't be shocked if it happens.

LOL if you really believe that.

You really think that Nick Saban can't get another NFL job without justifying why one of the worst franchises over the past 10 years missed on a QB?

The Miami Dolphins haven't done much of anything right since drafting Dan Marino. I'm sure other franchises in the know certainly blame Nick Saban for the Dolphins past six or so seasons.

Some of you are scorned ex-girlfriends who will NEVER let it go.

He sure as hell picked an interesting time to talk about it publicly for the first time in years. Right as his name is being linked to possible NFL jobs... LOL if you believe Saban doesn't have some kind of ulterior motive in mind. He always does.

but he fails to mention how he decided that a part time SEC RB coupled with a journeyman QB best known for banging his head against concrete walls were better options than drafting a QB who fell in his lap who turned out to be a SB and league MVP and arguably the best in the league. Go figure :idk:

He sure as hell picked an interesting time to talk about it publicly for the first time in years. Right as his name is being linked to possible NFL jobs... LOL if you believe Saban doesn't have some kind of ulterior motive in mind. He always does.

This isn't the first time he has spoke about it.

But in all fairness, the guy has been incredibly busy signing top recruiting class after top recruiting class, beating the dog **** out of Auburn, and in his spare time, winning national championships.

National championship game is in Miami, he's probably already in town ready to win another national title game against those Catholic frauds.

Just another in a long list of crap decisions by this franchise over the past 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom