Nick Saban to coach Miami next year?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban to coach Miami next year??

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I spoke to "Philly Billy" Werndl of the Mighty 1090 am here in San Diego, and he mentioned that Nick Saban might be the Miami coach next year. You can listen to his show daily from 3-7pm PST.

www.mty1090.com

Yeah, "Philly Billy" is a really good dolphin insider.

So If Wanny runs the table they are still going to fire him anyway to put Nick Saban in because "Philly Billy" said so?

I MIGHT understand your beef if that's what Philly Billy actually said. Perhaps read the opening post again.

Dude, Bill Werndell (sp?) knows about as much about who's going to be coaching the 'Fins next year (assuming Wanny's not around) as Prince friggin Charles. Just because some hack on some radio talk show says something your shouldn't automatically believe it. In fact, your first reaction to most of these losers who do sports talk should be a skeptical one.

Again, he's not saying anything bad. He's just throwing a name out there. Not like Saban's name hasn't been mentioned here before.

Ease up, fellas.

This guy who you guys are talking about (I have no idea who he is personally) may or may not be a Dolphins insider, but Saban isn't exactly a name no one has mentioned here before. I certainly would be happy if Saban was the head coach of this football team.

My guess is that the negative feedback at the beginning of this thread came from the poor title for it. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I opened the thread and saw what it was.

FWIW

Originally posted by Jimmy James
My guess is that the negative feedback at the beginning of this thread came from the poor title for it. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I opened the thread and saw what it was.

FWIW

I don't understand what you were expecting - an official announcement that Saban will be the next Fins coach? I spoke to "Philly Billy" Werndl of the Mighty 1090am here in San Diego, and he has some solid inside contacts in the NFL. He was covered the NFL for over 30 years. He used to be on the Arlad's draft guide staff, so the guy has some solid contacts. He's not always right, but sometimes he's well ahead of everyone else when it comes to coaching moves. If you don't understand where I'm coming from, you can listen online to him from 3-7pm PST - just go to www.mty1090.com and listen live.

First of, Bill Werndell is a San Diego sport show co-host. The original post said:
"I spoke to "Philly Billy" Werndl of the Mighty 1090 am here in San Diego, and he mentioned that Nick Saban might be the Miami coach next year. You can listen to his show daily from 3-7pm PST.

SDFinFan is just providing everyone with what Philly Billy thinks.

Read, Comprehend, Reply!

I knew I wasn't going to see a signed contract, but it could have been a statement from Saban or something more substantial than the relayed opinion of one expert.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad you posted it, and I wasn't planning on giving you static. I just thought I might be able to explain it.

Back
Top Bottom