nickname search | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nickname search

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
last year some of us at dolfantalk (then DD) dubbed the Miami Dolphins as "the Replacements" in honor of the movie. At least on offense we looked like a bunch of replacements to begin the season (career backup QB, journeyman RB etc). They called us all dead before the season began, gave us no chance but we hoped that we could beat the odds...which we did.

Now what could we call this years Dolphins?

NE is the Brady Brunch (Crunch), Jets were compared to the Grinch or something, Raiders are the Chuckies (or morons...LOL) and so on....

Any ideas?

After hearing that Chambers is likely out for Sunday I thought of a nickname, the Miami Mash Unit. Considering about half of our opening day starters have missed at least 2 games this season, and we have 5 starters on the IR. You have to wonder what could have been.:(

I have dubbed this team the "Heartattack team" several times this season. Many times I have held my breath until the last play and most of us probably have no finger nails left. Except of course, the Colts game. I think that game had the longest thread so far. We were all on the boards that night while in total amazement. It has been a rockin' rollercoaster ride! :eek:

I don't know about the team but...

we could call the defense, "Tenacious D". That album is a trip and the name would be cool for the defense I think.:cool:

Re: I don't know about the team but...

Originally posted by Jaydog57
we could call the defense, "Tenacious D". That album is a trip and the name would be cool for the defense I think.:cool:

Here's some body that thinks like you, Jaydog.

Tenacious D

God help us all...;) :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom