Niners hit with two season ending injuries during practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Niners hit with two season ending injuries during practice

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score

JUSTIN SKULE
T, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Justin Skule

49ers LT Justin Skule tore his ACL during Monday's practice.​

Skule was the team's first-string left tackle in Trent Williams' absence, according to The Athletic's Matt Barrows. Fifth round pick LT Jaylon Moore is among the candidates to replace Skule, who will probably miss the entire 2021 season. Skule, 24, is signed through the 2022 season.

TARVARIUS MOORE
DB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Tarvarius Moore

The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports 49ers DB Tarvarius Moore tore his Achilles tendon.​

Moore had been playing strong safety before the injury, which will likely end his 2021 season. The Niners' No. 95 pick in the 2018 draft, Moore shifted to safety after playing cornerback in college. He'll be an unrestricted free agent in 2022.

Have to feel bad for the Niners, that's two years in a row injuries levied a heavy toll on their roster. I genuinely like what they are doing there and hope we beat them in a Super Bowl real soon!

(Lets have a semi-heartless post)

welp heres the thing about the injuries. If you were rooting for SF to suck due to injuries then you dont like the timing of this. If this is the route we hope they go to get us a top 5 pick in next years draft.....you want this to happen about 3 months from now. both players will be put on some kind of injured exempt list that want count against them and they can get 2 new bodies in the door by the end of the week. Who knows, maybe this tells them to go ahead and upgrade the position when they might have not have thought of that before. Ideally if wishing for injuries you hope it hits them on the first play of week 2. A few of the unsigned free agents will be signed between week 1 and 2 when the contracts our guaranteed also.

I want them to suck, i guess i really dont care how it happens, but i'd prob prefer it wasnt due to injury

Not rooting for injuries but it will be fun rooting against the 49ers.

Not rooting for injuries but it will be fun rooting against the 49ers.

Heard that.

Worked out so well last year with Houston. We’ve already struck gold on the trade but imagine if…..you know……top 8?

They are in a state of transition despite being a popular pick to “come back” to their SB form. It doesn’t work that way, ask the Eagles, who actually won it and still fell apart. The Rams also transitioned after failing to win a SB.

I know I’m rooting for Kyler Murray this year. Haven’t his first two years.

Heard that.

Worked out so well last year with Houston. We’ve already struck gold on the trade but imagine if…..you know……top 8?

They are in a state of transition despite being a popular pick to “come back” to their SB form. It doesn’t work that way, ask the Eagles, who actually won it and still fell apart. The Rams also transitioned after failing to win a SB.

I know I’m rooting for Kyler Murray this year. Haven’t his first two years.

It worked out so well the 49ers not drafting Justin Fields. I could not root against him. Now I can root for the Bears and against the 49ers.

The 49ers division is brutal. They could be good and still go 8-9.

Heard that.

Worked out so well last year with Houston.

Yep. I fully recall all the naysayers continually telling me with absolute certainty there was no way HOU could end up with a top 10 pick let alone top 3.

Anything is possible.

While I don’t have the same outlook about SF as I did HOU last season, I do believe it very possible they could end up at .500 or worse — considering how good that division should be and IF injuries should continue to hamper them.

Last edited:
JUSTIN SKULET, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Justin Skule

49ers LT Justin Skule tore his ACL during Monday's practice.​

Skule was the team's first-string left tackle in Trent Williams' absence, according to The Athletic's Matt Barrows. Fifth round pick LT Jaylon Moore is among the candidates to replace Skule, who will probably miss the entire 2021 season. Skule, 24, is signed through the 2022 season.

TARVARIUS MOOREDB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Tarvarius Moore

The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports 49ers DB Tarvarius Moore tore his Achilles tendon.​

Moore had been playing strong safety before the injury, which will likely end his 2021 season. The Niners' No. 95 pick in the 2018 draft, Moore shifted to safety after playing cornerback in college. He'll be an unrestricted free agent in 2022. png to ico
Luck has absolutely nothing to do with injury rates as high as this team's players. There is something deeply and insidiously disturbing about this team's injury rate, and as of this date there is every sign that fans will get only more of the same till they surrender and admit that they love this torture.

Back
Top Bottom