No FA TE Signing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No FA TE Signing?

rayfinkle5

Starter
Reaction score
What are we doing? There are (or now were) some decent undrafted prospects at TE. And we signed none of them! Thought for sure Jonny Harline was a possibility. He happened to be a consistant target for our future signal caller. Again, what are we doing?

Since the Rams now have McMichael, I say we make a play for Klopfenstein!

As a CU alum I would love to see us acquire Klopfenstein :) .....maybe we are waiting for final cut downs after training camp to maybe get a TE later on? :confused:

What are we doing? There are (or now were) some decent undrafted prospects at TE. And we signed none of them! Thought for sure Jonny Harline was a possibility. He happened to be a consistant target for our future signal caller. Again, what are we doing?

I personally think its a mistake but We shall see. There was a guy late in the 7th I wish we had taken and that was Clark Harris from Rutgers. Good receiver, probably never be great but a solid backup TE that can also longsnap thus using a position player to longsnap rather than just a plain long snapper.

Is there any FA the Dolphins might trade for Harline...

He was picked up as a FA by the Colts.

That's because Cam and Mueller believe that Martin is the future at TE for this team

That's because Cam and Mueller believe that Martin is the future at TE for this team

I hate this answer because I can't see how they would think that. You don't hear them say too much about him so how sold on him can they be? Nearly everyone had us taking a TE in the draft. At the very least for depth alone. We don't draft one. Then you have guys like Harline (Colts) and Newton (Seahawks) go undrafted and you sign neither. All because Martin is the answer. I am sorry...I don't buy it. Something, hopefully, is up!

thats a pat answer on everything, but lets just imagine he will be the same player he has been for 7 seasons then what. We should have at least looked at another player, too many eggs in a very fragile basket. To believe a player that has been in the league 7 years is all of a sudden going to be a great starter is more based on feeling than fact.

I thought Harline would be a possibility as well. He looked pretty decent to me from what I've seen. He's an athletic guy. Cam knows Peele well. He coached him in San Diego, and they handpicked Martin, so our top two spots are filled for any two te sets.

You have to think that either they liked what they saw in Massaqoi and Radar OR we might not keep very many TE. You have to assume that we are going to be running a ton of 3 wr sets anyways, in order to get Ginn on the field. There really aren't any TEs out there that are better players than Marty Booker, and Cam said he wants TEs that have speed. Blocking isn't as important. If that is the case why not just run 3 wrs? Collectively the TEs in the draft were pretty slow as well. Olson was the only one that ran well.

They are obviously pretty happy with what we are working with.

Cam wants an elite TE and he will get one next year.

When are you guys going to come to and wake up. It was bad year for obtaining TE talent. They did an excellent job obtaining Martin.

We will get our star TE next year in free agency or the first day of the draft.

None of these names being thrown around are worth anything, and as far as drafting second day players or signing undrafted rookies, what the hell for?
We have 5 TE's on the roster and Rader has looked good and Peele is a decent backup.

I personally think its a mistake but We shall see. There was a guy late in the 7th I wish we had taken and that was Clark Harris from Rutgers. Good receiver, probably never be great but a solid backup TE that can also longsnap thus using a position player to longsnap rather than just a plain long snapper.

John Denney has played DE

Cam wants an elite TE and he will get one next year.

None of these names being thrown around are worth anything, and as far as drafting second day players or signing undrafted rookies, what the hell for?
We have 5 TE's on the roster and Rader has looked good and Peele is a decent backup.

Peelle was better than McMichael last season. McMichael dropped too many balls and was barely active in the offense. In otherwords, he was performing like a back-up and his salary was too expensive for a back-up. With the o-line very shaky, the TE will have to block more than running routes and Martin, Peelle, and company are talented enough to do that.

And wasn't McMichael involve in a domestic issue a few times last season?

only a guess by lil ol me a fan ,,,,,word is jeremy schockey doesnt want to be a giant and he lives and trains in miami and wont show up or leave miami for giants pre camps?
just a thought not a rumor

Even if Martin is *believed* to be the future, I don't understand why we didn't sign a few UDFA's to come in a compete. They're FREE to try out for goodness sake! What's wrong with a little competition?

i think we'll wait and see with cuts but i know cam is very high on martin.....the uy just needs to stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom