No honor roll for Marks brothers (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No honor roll for Marks brothers (merged)

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
No honor roll for Marks brothers

[intro]Mark Duper and Mark Clayton are the Dolphins' two most prolific wide receivers, but neither can catch a break when it comes to making the team's Honor Roll.

The Dolphins confirmed Monday that no players will be selected for induction this season.
[/intro]

Duper and Clayton combined for 1,061 receptions for 17,512 yards and 140 touchdowns in the 1980s and early 1990s. Dan Marino, who completed almost all of those passes, lobbied for both during his Honor Roll induction in 2000.

Senior Vice President/Media Relations Harvey Greene said there will be no Honor Roll selections because of other ceremonies. Hall of Fame fullback Larry Csonka will have his No. 39 jersey retired at halftime on Dec. 9 (vs. Chicago). There will also be a 30th anniversary celebration of the Dolphins' perfect season. Csonka led the Dolphins in rushing in 1972 with 1,117 yards.

While considered two of the best, Clayton and Duper were no strangers to controversy. Duper was dogged by allegations of cocaine use and spent time in a rehabilitation center in 1995. Clayton became known as a malcontent.

The Dolphins would prefer to honor Clayton and Duper in the same ceremony.

The roll is selected through the input of longtime team officials.

There are 13 Honor Roll members, with Marino and wide receiver Nat Moore (1999) the most recent.

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...olnotes11jun11.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Does anyone know when they plan on honoring the undeated team? ------ I do think Clayton and Duper will be put on the honor roll at some time, because the run after catch allowed Marino to get all those yards, and no one did it better than these guys..More of Marino receivers after those guys just caught the ball and got tackled..I'll always remember the Chicago game when we ended their undefeated season,,the post pattern where clayton outran everyone to the end zone. Catch at 15 yards,,make it a 75 yard TD.

Clayton and Duper

Mark Duper and Mark Clayton are the Dolphins' two most prolific wide receivers, but neither can catch a break when it comes to making the team's Honor Roll.

The Dolphins confirmed Monday that no players will be selected for induction this season.

I guess at this rate...we'll see OJ on the honor roll before Clayton and Duper...

I am sure that they'll make it some day though:D

"I guess at this rate...we'll see OJ on the honor roll before Clayton and Duper..."

I highly doubt that OJ will be in the ring of honor anytime soon.
Teams usually have a problem recognizing someone who is sueing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Clayton and Duper

Originally posted by phins054

I thought Larry Csonka will be inducted this year.:confused: :confused:

I highly doubt that OJ will be in the ring of honor anytime soon.
Teams usually have a problem recognizing someone who is sueing them.

I know that...thats what makes it a JOKE...:evil:

I thought Larry Csonka will be inducted this year.

He is already on the Honor Roll...He is also in the HOF...The ceremony will be to retire his #39...Marino and Griese are the only others to have that honor.

and there will be a ceremony to remember the 30th anniversary of the 17-0 team. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom