No More NFL Draft! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No More NFL Draft!

Skeet84 said:
Wow I really did not know this! there will be no more NFL draft after 2008 and all college players will become Free Agents. I don't like the new NFL! Players and Owners need to realize that this is not Hockey and ppl to actually care!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351462

yea, very scary indeed. Not only are they cutting off the head off of the golden goose (as others have said) but they are now :monkeyr: on it's corpse.

This is really bad. I'm seriously worried, some of the magic of the NFL could be out the window by the end of the day.

Caps said:
This is really bad. I'm seriously worried, some of the magic of the NFL could be out the window by the end of the day.

College would be ruined also! people would go to the NFL draft after 1 year and maybe even after High School. I am really worried also!

WTF! They need to fix this thing. I love the draft!

This will be good for whoever wins the Super Bowl that year, since everyone would (or at least should) want to be on that team.

backpacker said:
This will be good for whoever wins the Super Bowl that year, since everyone would (or at least should) want to be on that team.

Good for us.:cooldude:

And we all know Saban is a great recruiter!

But no I love the draft! :D

SpeedRush99 said:
WTF! They need to fix this thing. I love the draft!

The Best draft in all of Sports! I know what you mean Speed. I was really sad to hear about the draft after everything else.

C'mon...the owners could still agree to have a draft. It is in their own interest to design a sense of fairness in the system whether there is a players association or not.

Acting like the NFL is totally helpless without a players union is silly. If the union is decertified, life in the NFL will go on. Even if they keep the current pay structures and guidlines in place the players would get more revenue because of all the wasted funds going to the players union.

PhinstiGator said:
C'mon...the owners could still agree to have a draft. It is in their own interest to design a sense of fairness in the system whether there is a players association or not.

Acting like the NFL is totally helpless without a players union is silly. If the union is decertified, life in the NFL will go on. Even if they keep the current pay structures and guidlines in place the players would get more revenue because of all the wasted funds going to the players union.

In the Article it does say there could be no more NFL Draft! Thats all I am going by.

not only would the owners get the draft going themselves, but the draft itself is a big moneymaker. they'd want it no matter what, and there will always be one.

PhinstiGator said:

The owners could agree to have a draft but without some type of agreement with the players there will be no draft.
The NFL is beginning to look a lot like it did in the pre 1970s. I guess Gene Upshaw is finally going to get his wish.

Back
Top Bottom