No more Surtain for Edge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No more Surtain for Edge

clajoie_7

Starter
Reaction score
Let's be realistic about this one and think more financially than anything else. Ok first off Surtain is going to be expensive to keep and doesn't appear to really want to restructure his contract. Now the first question would be "how can we afford James?" He's gonna come with a very heavy contract demand. Now on the other hand "how is indy going to afford Surtain?" Indy is in an awefull spot right now because of the contract they threw at Manning. Sure it helped his ego, but now they have to decide who to sign, Harrison or James. They definitely can't afford both with the senerio coming out that they would give Harrison a long term deal and Franchise James. My point is that they cannot take on Surtain's contract even if they gave up James. Indy is treading on dangerous ground by placing all of their money in a couple of players and mainly of offense. While I'm sure they would love to have Surtain, price wise I doubt they would be able to take him on board...

clajoie_7 said:
Let's be realistic about this one and think more financially than anything else. Ok first off Surtain is going to be expensive to keep and doesn't appear to really want to restructure his contract. Now the first question would be "how can we afford James?" He's gonna come with a very heavy contract demand. Now on the other hand "how is indy going to afford Surtain?" Indy is in an awefull spot right now because of the contract they threw at Manning. Sure it helped his ego, but now they have to decide who to sign, Harrison or James. They definitely can't afford both with the senerio coming out that they would give Harrison a long term deal and Franchise James. My point is that they cannot take on Surtain's contract even if they gave up James. Indy is treading on dangerous ground by placing all of their money in a couple of players and mainly of offense. While I'm sure they would love to have Surtain, price wise I doubt they would be able to take him on board...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

Indy's situation is not as bad as you think. The quote below was from CBS sportsline in their rumor mill. If Peyton renegotiates his contract they can afford James and maybe even Surtain. When your team is that close to the big dance, you'll find a way to make it work.

"Quarterback Peyton Manning said on the Late Show with David Letterman he'd be willing to make the necessary financial arrangements in order to help the Colts re-sign running back Edgerrin James."

Due to team needs. I bet you'll see KC make a better bid than Indy, and I'll believe it when I see it as far as Payton restructuring the contract. He would eventually have to do so anyways and how can Indy possibly afford paying their first round pick in this years draft. Edge isn't as much of a priority to them as Harrison either and his contract is gonna be big...

Back
Top Bottom