No National Tv Means Success For Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No National Tv Means Success For Fins

How many nationally televised games will Miami have after the 05-06 season ?


  • Total voters
    19

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
4,304
Age
51
Location
Twin Falls, Idaho
Not having any nationally televised games in 05-06 falls right into Saban's "quiet" formula for success. The pressure of the media, the pressure of the fans, and the pressure of the players in the league will not be an issue in south Florida. I think if Fin Fans realize that this truly is going to be an exciting year, win or lose, next year, the aqua and orange will be plastered all over the networks.

With that, I guarantee even though we do not have any national tv games, we will be the talk of the league, and people in football will be itching to get a glimpse of what is the future of football for years to come in Miami.

On a side note, now would be a good time to work for DirecTv in south Florida.
 
No national tv means I have less of a chance to watch them because I live in Orlando and for some reason this is Jags territory. I'm pissed. I hope you are right about it being "good" though.
 
kingnate85 said:
No national tv means I have less of a chance to watch them because I live in Orlando and for some reason this is Jags territory. I'm pissed. I hope you are right about it being "good" though.

I know how you feel. I'm in Bumm phuk Idaho and I feel ya. But it is good. The spotlight has a way of affecting new players positively and negatively. But Saban's style is low-key. It will be ok.
 
Can a team have 7 or more national televised games? :confused: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 1-3.
 
painnotpleasure said:
Can a team have 7 or more national televised games? :confused: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 1-3.


3 Monday niters, 2 Sunday niters, and 2+ Sunday 4:15'ers.... its possible to have 7+
 
marino2duper73 said:
3 Monday niters, 2 Sunday niters, and 2+ Sunday 4:15'ers.... its possible to have 7+
:lol: Yeah, it's possible but does any team ever get 7+? Eh, just wishful thinking... NFL will probably hardly give us any Prime Time games next season.
 
painnotpleasure said:
:lol: Yeah, it's possible but does any team ever get 7+? Eh, just wishful thinking... NFL will probably hardly give us any Prime Time games next season.
dont forget a holiday game too
 
If we win somewhere in the 7 to 9 game range, I still don't see us getting any national games outright next year. However, if we do decently this year and start to succeed next year, we'll get a couple of the flex spots the networks are making available for the last 4-6 games of the 06-07 season.
 
I may be wrong about this, but I thought I heard somewhere that every team is guaranteed at least ONE nationally televised game per year. Despite the 4-12 record, I'm still kind of surprised one of our games against New England isn't a primetime game, simply because of the Belichek-Saban storyline.
 
DolphinzD said:
I may be wrong about this, but I thought I heard somewhere that every team is guaranteed at least ONE nationally televised game per year. Despite the 4-12 record, I'm still kind of surprised one of our games against New England isn't a primetime game, simply because of the Belichek-Saban storyline.

The scheduling for tv is like the NCAA BB tourney selection commitee...makes no sense, everyone hates it
 
Back
Top Bottom