No news today? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No news today?

FinFan84

Starter
Reaction score
I havent heard anything new on Giese today. This is worrying me. One thing that puzzles me about this board, is the undying support for Fiedler. I think 90% of NFL personel men would take Griese. He should be signed and named the starter,no screwing around. This is the most important signing of the off-season. I have one question for those who doubt it. Would have the 2002 Dolphins been better of with Griese or Seau. Clearly Griese. Stop messing this up and get him here now. QB is the single most important position on the team.

Originally posted by FinFan84
One thing that puzzles me about this board, is the undying support for Fiedler. I think 90% of NFL personel men would take Griese. .

If that were true then there would be more teams bidding for his services...right now nobody is interested.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. At this point, I could care less if we ever sign Griese. The undying support you talk about is because Fiedler wins 2/3 of the games he starts while Griese only wins 1/2 of the ones he starts. Figure it out.

Just because the season would have been better with Griese doesnt mean that he should be starter. The reason he would have been better is cause he is better than Lucas. Fielder has been an extremely good leader and has more heart than most on the team. His only weakness at this point is his long ball.. and even that looks better so far this offseason. You can just take a mans job who has been doing well. Last year he had one of the best completion ratings! Wasnt Griese taken out and replaced by his backup without being hurt. Now im not saying i dont like Griese.. i think he will prove to be a good backup for his first year. Let him have a year as a backup in Norv's system and then next year if he outplays Fiedler, let him start. People are backing Jay because they are being reasonable.

?

The reason more teams arent interested is because its late in the off-season. If this was march, we have no shot at him. As for the 'records' . Last I checked football was a team game. The Dolphins won those games. Griese was under much tougher pressure coming off 2 Super Bowls. Look at Ricky Williams, I think this would be similar.

Originally posted by MissMeth
Just because the season would have been better with Griese doesnt mean that he should be starter. The reason he would have been better is cause he is better than Lucas. Fielder has been an extremely good leader and has more heart than most on the team. His only weakness at this point is his long ball.. and even that looks better so far this offseason. You can just take a mans job who has been doing well. Last year he had one of the best completion ratings! Wasnt Griese taken out and replaced by his backup without being hurt. Now im not saying i dont like Griese.. i think he will prove to be a good backup for his first year. Let him have a year as a backup in Norv's system and then next year if he outplays Fiedler, let him start. People are backing Jay because they are being reasonable.

Well said.

I'm not so much of the undying love per se, but I know where the support comes from. Its all down to who win's the most games. Here is a proven stat:
Player Wins-Loses Winning %
Griese 27-24 .530
Fiedler 26-11 .703

We can sit here and talk all about QB ratings, interceptions, TD passes, etc. But if you think about it, who cares how many TD's he passed for? I've seen the Dolphins score 51 points and lose. The only stat that matters is what goes in the W or the L column. He who has more W's goes on, those with a bunch in the L column get to play golf. So I could care less if we have Fluffy the wonder ferret as our QB as long as he/she wins.

Re: ?

The reason more teams arent interested is because its late in the off-season. If this was march, we have no shot at him. As for the 'records' . Last I checked football was a team game. The Dolphins won those games. Griese was under much tougher pressure coming off 2 Super Bowls. Look at Ricky Williams, I think this would be similar.

Its been common knowledge that Griese was not going to be a Bronco for quite some time. Plummer was signed. All ANY team had to do was trade for him. They didnt.

BB

Then how do you explain why Akili Smith has 4 or more teams talking to him right now? Last I checked we were the only ones interested in Griese. You don't think following Dan Marino hasn't been pressure? Last I checked Denver has had a pretty talented team the last few years.

Originally posted by IceStorm
I'm not so much of the undying love per se, but I know where the support comes from. Its all down to who win's the most games. Here is a proven stat:
Player Wins-Loses Winning %
Griese 27-24 .530
Fiedler 26-11 .703

We can sit here and talk all about QB ratings, interceptions, TD passes, etc. But if you think about it, who cares how many TD's he passed for? I've seen the Dolphins score 51 points and lose. The only stat that matters is what goes in the W or the L column. He who has more W's goes on, those with a bunch in the L column get to play golf. So I could care less if we have Fluffy the wonder ferret as our QB as long as he/she wins.

I agree. I support JF also because he is a part of the Miami Dolphins. I'm not a one player person fan.

Griese was under much tougher pressure coming off 2 Super Bowls. .

Fiedler only had to succeed Dan Marino..that was a cakewalk, right?

Stop and ask yourself why no other team wants Griese.

Why doesn't Dallas want him? Arizona? Carolina?

Why don't the Raiders want him for a backup? or any other team for that matter.
Why are we the only team that wants him for a backup? Is it too late for a backup also?

Fluffy the wonder ferret

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Regarding Parcells comments on Gresise... people may not like him and some could say he quits on his teams... BUT One thing about Parcells is that he IS successfull. Wherever he goes he has made that team better. It would be ignorant not to take what he says into consideration...

Last edited by a moderator:
If Brian's agent wasen't such a.......well I can't say it on here!
Then we would have heard something and he may have been ready for tomorrows camp!:evil:

I don't think Wanny really wants him. I think this is being done as a favor to Bob and Shula. What other explanation is there for teams preferring Smith over Griese?

You got me!

Originally posted by IceStorm
So I could care less if we have Fluffy the wonder ferret as our QB as long as he/she wins.

You got me :roflmao: !!!

I can totally see that, too. Too funny!

Man, I love ferrets.

DITTO the point, though. WINNING is what matters.

Screw the stats. :m83: STATS

Oh, and I second the point about it being a TEAM sport.

To me, BOTTOM LINE: Fiedler is a proven LEADER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom