No news today? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No news today?

Originally posted by FinFan84
I havent heard anything new on Giese today. This is worrying me. One thing that puzzles me about this board, is the undying support for Fiedler. I think 90% of NFL personel men would take Griese. He should be signed and named the starter,no screwing around. This is the most important signing of the off-season. I have one question for those who doubt it. Would have the 2002 Dolphins been better of with Griese or Seau. Clearly Griese. Stop messing this up and get him here now. QB is the single most important position on the team.

A few comments on this. I believe in Wanny we have a coach who actually does not believe that the most important player on the team is the quarterback. Even though I definitely like Griese much better as a quarterback than Fiedler(I believe one of the most important duties of a quarterback is to be able to throw a deep ball, and Fiedler is really poor at it), Seau would have been of more help in 2002. I firmly believe that we had Seau in 2002 we would have won the KC, Minnesota, and Patsie road games(since those losses heavily involved defensive failures in areas where Seau roams in), and likely one of the Buffalo games(even with the horrible quarterback play in both of them.

I am personally surprised only the Dolphins are interested in Griese and am starting to believe that the rest of the league now considers him a locker room cancer. Right now we need a backup QB and there is no better backup now than Griese. Wannstedt must believe that his locker room is solidly behind Jay and Griese's arrival can't cause any controversy on the team unless he makes it happen. If Griese does blossom with the change here then so much the better. Winning will smooth over everything.

Originally posted by FinFan84
I havent heard anything new on Giese today. This is worrying me. One thing that puzzles me about this board, is the undying support for Fiedler. I think 90% of NFL personel men would take Griese. He should be signed and named the starter,no screwing around. This is the most important signing of the off-season. I have one question for those who doubt it. Would have the 2002 Dolphins been better of with Griese or Seau. Clearly Griese. Stop messing this up and get him here now. QB is the single most important position on the team.

Are you saying the Broncos have less talent than we do on offense? If so I'm not sure what NFL you are watching!

Very few QB's have done as lil as Griese has with so much talent surrounding him.

Oliver...

Is perhaps Akili getting all that interest because he'll play for next to nothing?...

I have to wonder how many Dolphin fans would still be so interested in Griese if his dad didn't happen to be the HOF QB who won SBs for the Dolphins 30 years ago.

Originally posted by relive1972
I have to wonder how many Dolphin fans would still be so interested in Griese if his dad didn't happen to be the HOF QB who won SBs for the Dolphins 30 years ago.

Prob the same ppl who just want Fiedler gone no matter who replaces him. The very loud minority!

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom