‘No one throws my way’: Alabama, Florida, LSU on list for Patrick Surtain Jr | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘No one throws my way’: Alabama, Florida, LSU on list for Patrick Surtain Jr

Would be cool if he went to Miami. However, South Florida is stacked with dbs this year. Miami will get theirs. Rather get Tyson Campbell and Asante Samuels Jr with what we already have.

Already have 2 of the top 15 committed. Getting one of those or Surtain would be icing on the cake.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Fo...kings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&Position=CB

And don't forget Al Blades Jr who is a legacy player and has an offer.

We are really thin there this coming year so we load up in 2018 :up:

I don't think anything short of divine intervention could have saved FSU in that game!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Indeed. :lol:

I just thought it was ironic because you won the earlier season matchup 24-21 ... because of the kicker.

It was a lot of fun watching the florida teams ruin everyone in the 90s. Those late 90s spurrier/bowden face offs were guaranteed to be exciting ... minus that sugar bowl, of course.

Already have 2 of the top 15 committed. Getting one of those or Surtain would be icing on the cake.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Fo...kings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&Position=CB

Agreed think our class will end up being

Frierson, Ivey, Jobe, Hall, Blades, Russell

Then one of Campbell or Samuels. I could also see them taking both if they both want in. Take Surtain if he wants to come but I wouldn't push for him and avoid the rest. Heck do everything you can to keep Jobe because that dude will be a monster.

This recruiting class overall will be crazy for Miami.

Indeed. [emoji38]

I just thought it was ironic because you won the earlier season matchup 24-21 ... because of the kicker.

It was a lot of fun watching the florida teams ruin everyone in the 90s. Those late 90s spurrier/bowden face offs were guaranteed to be exciting ... minus that sugar bowl, of course.
I was so pissed off that we had to play UF again. I knew Spurrier would be whining about FSU playing dirty for weeks so we'd get flagged for everything. Combine that with the artificial grass and we were cooked. Beating that UF team twice was impossible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If he has any sense he will jump into the loving arms of Saban and make sure that he is a first round pick

They are committed until Jimbo pours that sweet, sweet honey into their ears...and like a coin at the beginning of the game, they get flipped.

True dat. We had 2 top CB that flipped to UF last go round. **** happens only with Richt we might steal a couple from you guys as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
True dat. We had 2 top CB that flipped to UF last go round. **** happens only with Richt we might steal a couple from you guys as well :)

Expect that to be the norm until UM rededicates itself to the football program. The money and recruits they've lost after claiming they're an academic institution first and everything else secondary is impressive. Multiple schools have coaches with connections to the area that regularly pillage the best recruits in the entire country out of south florida. I hate it because we can't even keep florida players in state anymore. I'm much less pissed losing someone to UM or FSU than I am to bama or clemson ... ha ha and sammy watkins come immediately to mind.

UF purposely got multiple recruiters with deep roots in so fla. Best athletes in the country. Stay in state!

I hear ya. Saban flies in on a helicopter to snag S.Fla guys.

FSU has been holding it's own but you guys and UM need to get back into the top 5 recruiting classes and keep the 5 stars instate.
I think in the next few years that will happen.

Richt ponied up 1 mil to help finance our new indoor facility and with Shalala gone football is again being prioritised.
Mark got a salary comparable to what he was getting at UG and they spent big on assistant coaches this time around so things are changing.

I hear ya. Saban flies in on a helicopter to snag S.Fla guys.

FSU has been holding it's own but you guys and UM need to get back into the top 5 recruiting classes and keep the 5 stars instate.
I think in the next few years that will happen.

Richt ponied up 1 mil to help finance our new indoor facility and with Shalala gone football is again being prioritised.
Mark got a salary comparable to what he was getting at UG and they spent big on assistant coaches this time around so things are changing.

You ain't lyin. My little bro played with Ha ha and Dee Hart in high school - both 5 stars who were florida locks - and one day Saban shows up after practice and they announce bama like the next day. And I just read the high school coach that said on the radio that he banned Saban from campus for unethical recruiting - because an offer from bama isn't always an offer - was fired for bringing bad publicity on the school. Just try and stop him. I dare ya. :lol:

But I don't really blame him to be honest. I'd almost like him if it wasn't for his tenure here. He hasn't gotten caught paying kids that I'm aware of so do what you gotta do and win championships. No one does it better.

FSU has been stealing 5 stars from us left and right. Florida teams are cyclical and it looks like they'll enjoy a little run here. I'm cool with it. It all depends on Francois though.

Richt was a big get for you guys. Keep those guys at home and you'll be back in no time. 1 good class and a QB is all it takes.

Back
Top Bottom