No PSU players drafted for first time since 1951 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No PSU players drafted for first time since 1951

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
For the first time since 1951, a Penn State player was not selected in the NFL draft.

The two-day, seven-round draft ended Sunday. It was also the first time during Joe Paterno's tenure as head coach that an NFL team didn't draft a Nittany Lion. Paterno starts his 40th season at the helm of Penn State football this fall.

Penn State has had losing records four out of the last five seasons and did not have a deep crop of players available for this year's draft. Only nine seniors graduated who saw significant playing time in Happy Valley.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/04/25/bc.fbc.pennst.nfldraft.ap/index.html

Nublar7 said:
Its all over the news up here. Sad time for my Nittney Lions. :shakeno:
Maybe its time for a change.. Joe Paterno has been a legend for Pennn State and college football. Penn State historically have produced exceptional professional football players. That was a great marketing tools that really appealed to their young recruits.

Today's recruits weigh their decisions heavily on the success rate of schools that have a process in place to provide them with the best opportunity to go to the next level. This lastest occurence is not good for Penn State recruiting.

I follow college football very closely and I honestly couldn't even name a PSU player. I did see them play once last year and vaguely remember their QB.

Back
Top Bottom