no QB in the first day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

no QB in the first day?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't think we will draft a QB early at all. We will settle QB in FA with Brees or McCown. either one will be our future QB. this will allow us to take the BPA thoughout the draft. Brees could come in and be good right away, he is a good QB and the injury is not big deal. McCown is a good QB, he never got a good chance with the Cards. thoughts?

I think anytime a QB injures the shoulder of his throwing arm its FAR from "not a big deal". Reports are he won't be able to throw until maybe July, which is definitely a major concern.

SpeedRush99 said:
I think anytime a QB injures the shoulder of his throwing arm its FAR from "not a big deal". Reports are he won't be able to throw until maybe July, which is definitely a major concern.
if he's ready in July than he can slowly workout in training camp and be ready by September, he will still be the same good QB he was before the injury

nick1 said:
if he's ready in July than he can slowly workout in training camp and be ready by September, he will still be the same good QB he was before the injury

Aboslutely no way of knowing that at this point.

nick1 said:
I don't think we will draft a QB early at all. We will settle QB in FA with Brees or McCown. either one will be our future QB. this will allow us to take the BPA thoughout the draft. Brees could come in and be good right away, he is a good QB and the injury is not big deal. McCown is a good QB, he never got a good chance with the Cards. thoughts?
If its Brees then I agree, but McCown has too many question marks to rely on him as our QB of the future.

sports24/7 said:
If its Brees then I agree, but McCown has too many question marks to rely on him as our QB of the future.

Definitely

We might take a QB on the first day (Culpepper - 2nd round)

nick1 said:

I think getting a Brees would a major plus if we also take a Rookie QB in the draft. We need to take a quality 2nd tier college QB (Jacobs....Croyle....Whitehurst.......Olsen....) between the 2nd to 4th round, then allow the Dolphins to groom him slowly (1-3 years)...then take it from there.

If we do get Brees then I think we could take a QB on day 2 to grrom for the future.

Ozzy rules!!

If we do get Brees then I think we could take a QB on day 2 to grrom for the future.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:

Ozzy rules!!

I think the same thing, although if we keep gus we wont. Lemons would be our 2nd Tier QB and Gus would be our 4th Tier...j/k...im one of those that thinks gus is servicable enough to get us somewhere far.

GCD960 said:
I think the same thing, although if we keep gus we wont. Lemons would be our 2nd Tier QB and Gus would be our 4th Tier...j/k...im one of those that thinks gus is servicable enough to get us somewhere far.
:sidelol:

Brees will be throwing in May. That Shoulder injury could end his career and could be a huge deal. He in my book is a huge risk.

I also don't see Saban taking a QB early....I think he tries to get Brees but if he is not available, then he sticks with Gus one more year and we try for a QB next year. I think we go with a Safety first or maybe a LT. I would try for Quinn from Notre Dame next year, if we can't get Brees.

Back
Top Bottom