No reason why a rookie qb cant start | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No reason why a rookie qb cant start

Originally posted by Lukin
inFINsible...who's that crazy chick on your avatar...:huh:
I can't find the site where i found her.....it was a link from Fazed.com....but it's long gone now......some strange artists' site that had all kinds of wierd scary chicks......this one was the tamest(?) of the bunch.....

Hey MiamiD04 last time i looked you were on another thead saying we dont need new olinemen then you have the nerve to call other people idiots. Come on do you even watch the Dolphins games. And if you do how can you say we dont need help on the OLine. I agree the D isnt the problem. But i dont agree with the fact you call people in this forum idiots when half the **** you say doesnt even make sense

"You are no daisy. You were just high strung-that's all."

It seems like every thread i go to this MiamiD04 is starting something and calling people names and ****. Alot of people have told him he wont last long on here. He told someone the other day if he talked like that to him again it would the end of him. When he was the one starting crap.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I can't find the site where i found her.....it was a link from Fazed.com....but it's long gone now......some strange artists' site that had all kinds of wierd scary chicks......this one was the tamest(?) of the bunch.....

I'm scared man!

Could you imagine going out with someone and then one day she pops this kind of a surpise!?

I'm scared!

Oliver...

Originally posted by miamid04
i think i might just ship out..this is the worst forum on the planet..a bunch of idiots in here are sayin the defense is the problem....our offense ended up what 27th right up there with the chargers

Great. Thanks for playing. And we didn't even have to ban you this time. :lol:

:eat:

Dont feed the Troll! He doesn't have anything else better to do.

:wave:

cya

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ohall

I'm scared man!

Could you imagine going out with someone and then one day she pops this kind of a surpise!?

I'm scared!

Oliver...
I was never the "yes, dear" type but, I'm willing to bet I could learn real quickly....:eek:

Re: Re: No reason why a rookie qb cant start

Originally posted by Trekbiz

It's called history and common sense.
A rookie no matter how good cannot be consistent enough while learning the game to allow a team to play at a championship level.

A rookie QB can start of course.
However, a rookie will make too many mistakes and have too great a learning curve to give a vet team such as the Fins a chance to win the Super Bowl NOW.

Success for this Fins team is not a 8-8, 9-7 rebuild year.
That's why a rookie QB cannot successfully start for this team next year.
This team needs to bring in a vet to win now and a rookie for the future.

NO its not common sense, thats your opinion. And history is exactly what it is HISTORY which means nothing. I would like to have a good veteran rather than a rookie however we probably wont get a good veteran and even if we do who is to say he would be better than whatever rookie we get. He will obviously have many mistakes but so does every other qb in football including all veterans no matter who they are. IN MY OPINION I DONT THINK WE NEED A SUPERSTAR QB JUST SOMEONE WHO CAN MAKE ALL THE THROWS. WHICH FIEDLER CANT. Ricky will still be the main offense and our defense should still keep us in most every game. If the rookie qb is a good qb I think its possible.

Re: Re: No reason why a rookie qb cant start

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Unfortunatley, I clicked this thread.

But now that I've read the opening statement and got a good laugh I should sleep well tonight :up: Thanks Ct - I know that was the real reason for this post - Comedy! :lol:

If you want us to win a SB next year, and you don't see any reason why a rookie can't come in and do it, then you've got a lot to learn about this game.

I'm going to stop with this opening paragraph and get some shuteye.

Ok BROTHER I know plenty about football my whole point is with the qb's we have we arent going anywhere as it is. So why not go with a rookie which in my opinion with the supporting cast we have I see no reason why the qb couldnt play as good as trent dilfer and do just enough to win the superbowl.
And by the way I was all state in high school untill I blew my knee out. Also would you have ever bet on warner coming in and winning the super bowl in his first year I bet not. As long as whoever we have has all the physical skills to make all the throws all he has to do is limit mistakes which is not impossible.

Re: Re: Re: No reason why a rookie qb cant start

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13

If the rookie qb is a good qb I think its possible.

I never said it's not possibe.
It is however VERY unlikely.
Again winning the lottery is "possible".
You don't plan your future on the odds of winning the lottery.
Just like no GM that would expect to be employed long would plan their upcoming season on a rookie that has never taken an NFL snap. It makes no sense unless you are in a rebuilding phase or have a horrible injury to your true starting QB.
The Fins need both.
A rookie and a vet going into next season even if it's a vet like AJ Feely it's still a vet that knows the NFL game and has a much better shot at efficiently running an offense with minimal mistakes.
That is what this team needs. It dosen't need to place all it's chips on a roulette number and crossing it's fingers that it works out.

Re: Re: Re: No reason why a rookie qb cant start

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13

Also would you have ever bet on warner coming in and winning the super bowl in his first year I bet not. As long as whoever we have has all the physical skills to make all the throws all he has to do is limit mistakes which is not impossible.

Warner wasn't a rookie!

Coming out of Division I-AA Northern Iowa (where he only started his senior year) in 1994, Warner was invited to Green Bay's training camp as an undrafted free agent. But there was one small problem with that. Well, actually, three big problems. The three quarterbacks in front of him on the depth chart were named Brett Favre, Mark Brunell and Ty Detmer. Instead, a dream shot at making it with the Packers turned into a three-year stay with the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena League, a one-year stint with the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe and then a year of holding a clipboard in St. Louis last season.

A camp with the GB Packers. Working in a passing system in the arena league (not the NFL but not college either!) along with NFL coaching, to NFL Europe which is loaded with better talent and NFL coaches to learn the pro game, then 1 year working as a backup with the Rams learning a pro system and practicing against to level NFL talent before he lit the league up the next year!

HARDLY A ROOKIE!

Yeah and zero game experience in the nfl. NFL europe is not the nfl. Mentally sure he was further along than a rookie would be. But you dont get any better sitting on the sidelines you get better by playing in the actual games itself. Peyton Manning played good his rookie year with a crappy team but he had good stats for a rookie. who is to say had he sat for a year that he wouldnt have played like a rookie in his second year. Scott Mitchell sat and learned from dan marino and how good was his career. same with huard. same with steve bono who learned from both steve young and joe montana. my point is that I feel you learn better by playing not sitting and watching for a year or two. If you have a good all around team like we do I feel it would do more good than harm. so dont bring up ryan leaf cause his team sucked than and still sucks now.

Back
Top Bottom