No Schulters, but.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Schulters, but....

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Dolphins Sign Parker, Waive Meeks
June 16, 2005

The Miami Dolphins today signed safety Billy Parker. Parker played with the New York Dragons of the Arena Football League this year. To make room for Parker on the roster, the Dolphins today waived guard Bobby Meeks, who had been signed as an undrafted college free agent on May 16, 2005.

With the Dragons, the 6-0, 195-pound Parker led the AFL with 10 interceptions as he was a first-team all-rookie and all-league selection. He was the runner-up for both the League’s Defensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year Awards.

Parker was a four-year letterman at William & Mary (2000-03) who started since his freshman season. He recorded 11 career interceptions, including a career-high of five as a junior in 2002 when he brought back two for touchdowns. He was a first-team All-Atlantic 10 Conference pick that year, the first of two straight years in which he earned that honor. Parker is a native of Mechanicsville, Va., where he attended Atlee High School. He was born on May 17, 1981.

Lee2000

Whats wrong with this guy? Why hasn't any other team looked at him before?

It has been anticipated that Miami would pursue him

AirChambers84 said:
I'm confused about what this has to do with Schulters....

Folks have anticipated the pursuit of Schulters for some time, but they signed someone unknown to most at that position. Still may pursue him however.

Lee2000

wazzy said:
Whats wrong with this guy? Why hasn't any other team looked at him before?

Perhaps it's because most teams have enough camp fodder at S. I don't expect this guy to make much of an impact on our team. Last year, our token AFL guys were Chris Jackson and Bobby Sippio. This year, it's looking like it's going to be Parker.

i saw on the bottom updates on espn that lance shulters was officially released now, he hadnt been released yet so we couldnt of pursued him anyways, but now we can, i strongly doubt we will though if tillman was named a team captain.

Alien said:
i saw on the bottom updates on espn that lance shulters was officially released now, he hadnt been released yet so we couldnt of pursued him anyways, but now we can, i strongly doubt we will though if tillman was named a team captain.

When was he named captain? I don't think that's been decided yet. You may be referring to the fact that Saban has asked for input from some of the team leaders and included Tillman in that group.

Back
Top Bottom