No Tape Delay in South Fla WTF!?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Tape Delay in South Fla WTF!?!?

Crisdeman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The game is blacked out locally and will not be replayed in any form in Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties.

What the HELL, its gotta be on sunshine or something. How can they be that stupid, i guarantee they can charge more for commercials during a tape delay game than they would for most of the garbage on the station normally. I am truly pissed and hope i can find a file to program my dss card by tonite

Anyone know the reason behind this stupidity.

Link Here

It will not be shown because it is a network game.
The network does not have any deals worked out with local cable stations to show the game on tape delay.

That only happens when the game is only being carried by a local affiliate such as WFOR who has an arrangement to show the game on tape delay.

That sucks, oh well i guess i better get cracking on that card. Thx for enlightening me as to the reason

Originally posted by Crisdeman

What the HELL, its gotta be on sunshine or something. How can they be that stupid, i guarantee they can charge more for commercials during a tape delay game than they would for most of the garbage on the station normally. I am truly pissed and hope i can find a file to program my dss card by tonite

Link Here

It is actually pretty clear. If the pre-season game is not a national televised game local stations can pick the game up and re-broadcast or showit tape delayed. If the game is nationally shown then the regular season rule applies. No sellout = blackout and no re-broadcast.

Yeah, I'm pissed too. I'm just gonna go to the game now cause I just dont want to miss it. The thing that really pisses me off is that I have been recording all the games so far and planned to record the whole season, and now I won't have this game!

The blackout covers a 35-mile radius. So Ft. Myers never gets blacked out.

You would think sunshine or someone would understand that they make more with a game than any of the normal stuff. There arent any deals with networks just means that someone needs to take the initiative and start some contract negotiations, how hard would it really be, its a maybe once a year occurence that should not happen PERIOD, specially for a preseason game

Originally posted by Muck
The blackout covers a 35-mile radius. So Ft. Myers never gets blacked out.

Muck you live in Ft. Myers? I used to live there...
Thats where my wife and I met 9 years ago.

Originally posted by BizarroAndres
Yeah, I'm pissed too. I'm just gonna go to the game now cause I just dont want to miss it. The thing that really pisses me off is that I have been recording all the games so far and planned to record the whole season, and now I won't have this game!

I'd go too. Tickets=cheeeeaaap

Finally, the rest of us get to watch while you all get screwed. :D Welcome to the world of 'Fin-fans outside of a 35 mile radius. :lol:

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Link Here

Gee here's a thought.

Get off your couch and go support your team.......

You can get tix from season ticket holders trying to get rid of em for $10-$15 bucks.

Originally posted by Expo88
Finally, the rest of us get to watch while you all get screwed. :D Welcome to the world of 'Fin-fans outside of a 35 mile radius. :lol:

Agreed.

Pisses me off to see these guys whining when they are close enough to get tickets. Meanwhile us guys don't see the other 3 preseason games and unless we get Sunday ticket which isn't available to a lot of areas we only get 5 guarenteed games.

Hell if I was down there I'd be a season ticket holder and be there for any home preseason games.

Next season I'll be flying down to catch a game and since I'll be back in Ontario I'll be hitting Buffalo games when Miami is there again.

Every Dolfan wants to see the game, near and far. Television contracts and NFL rules are to blame. The fan is the one that gets shafted. Why be upset for things that are out of our control?

I live in Miami so my radio will be on tonight. The radio show is not the same as a TV broadcast, but it's not a bad option.

The game I want to see on the tube is the first regular season game- the Houston game. I hope it's televised locally.
By the way, is that game a near sell-out?

Is there a legal way to tap into the live feed outside the 35-mile radius? If so, please post it so that all of us in the blackout area can tune-in to the game.

Back
Top Bottom