No Team Has Lost More Players than the Phins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Team Has Lost More Players than the Phins

Both in excessive amounts. We needed cap space, and Mueller is more than tired of what went on with Saban around. We had to jettison overpaid underperforming talent, and we did :D

Starting with "Big Daddy Dont Wanna BE Doin NO Training Camp Deal" that Saban ignored Mueller on when he tried to warn him on taking him.

Now he is gone. NOw the guy wants to retire.......until Sept. 1.

Looks like Cam is building a team that cannot only win one title but 2 or 3. Lots of draft pics, signing young talented guys. It won't be long til were the last team standing.

I love your optomism but we arent there yet. I want to see Cam on gameday before we start throning him as we all did with Saban. I hope your right though.

During this offseason it looks like we have lost more people than any other team in the league. (link: http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-signings, http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-signings) Weather that would be from cuts or trades it looks like Cam Cameron is REALLY trying to clean house. Do you guys think this was more for cap management or from poor talent evaluations from previous years?

I think a house cleaning is long overdue....overpaid guys like Mare were not earning their paycheck. Now we are bringing in hungrier players. I support Cam.

Never quite understood the Wanny /Saban philosophy of building a team. a very respectable defense can be built within 1-3 seasons. An offense depending on the schema generally takes 2-5 season to be respectable(it all depends on the QB).

Why in H-E-double hockey sticks did both Wanny and Saban ignore 50% of the team?

Wanny, I realize is an idiot but Saban?

This is the best possible thing that could happen to our team right now. By clearing the roster and making some cuts we can bring in some talent. Mueller has a history with landing some talent so why not let him get the most possible amount of room and draft choices to bring in? For the exception of a handfull of players we need to overhaul the roster.

I think part of it was a purposeful strategy in an Attempt to stockpile Compensatory picks next year. At this rate we should get at least a 3rd (for Kevin Carter), and 3-4 later round picks... quite possibly including a 4th or two (For Bowens and McIntosh depending on how they play.) The rest to be filled out with 7th's.

Is 4 the maximum of compensatory picks?)

During this offseason it looks like we have lost more people than any other team in the league. (link: http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-signings, http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-signings) Weather that would be from cuts or trades it looks like Cam Cameron is REALLY trying to clean house. Do you guys think this was more for cap management or from poor talent evaluations from previous years?
tell you what you guys all think mueller is the cats @ss right now but you wait and see what happens?:shakeno:

No team needed to lose as many as we did, I think Spielman had it right, when he started cleaning the O house, wish he could have finished..but everyone now sees what he was trying to do, but having Wanny as a lame duck coach didn't help him with tait or the guy that went to detroit, and we thought their deals were crazy.

Only problem with Speilman was he traded first day picks for guys that he needed to clean out.

The only problem with all this is who have you brought in to replace these stinkers? With very few exceptions the FAs left are by and large either question marks or non-factors, and you'll only get so much out of this year's draft (maybe three or four good players who can contribute right away, max--your first and your two seconds and one of your other "surprise" picks, maybe--and it's not like your FO has shown it has a track record of drafting well lately). Much of your purge was for cap reasons so you freed up some cap space, but still not enough to bring anybody good in. It may help you in 2008 cap-wise, but not now.

In terms of comp. picks, you may get those next year, but the highest you'll get is a third and guys cut for cap space don't count in those calculations and it's a black box process besides, so you never really know what you'll actually get (that's so they can screw you without explaining it, or reward you unjustly without explaining it (see the Patriettes)).

Finally, who's going to play QB for you guys next year? Carr's gone, DC is a big ?, Harrington's gone and Green will cost you probably one of your number 2s. If you draft Quinn, there's one of your picks that's not going to be contributing this year most likely. Not to be a downer guys, but I suspect it's going to be a long couple of years for y'all. As one who's been through it before (remember when we were in cap h*ll and lost Bruce, Thurman and Andre in one fell swoop) and then proceeded to suck for years afterward, I can tell you it's not fun.....

I think part of it was a purposeful strategy in an Attempt to stockpile Compensatory picks next year. At this rate we should get at least a 3rd (for Kevin Carter), and 3-4 later round picks... quite possibly including a 4th or two (For Bowens and McIntosh depending on how they play.) The rest to be filled out with 7th's.

Is 4 the maximum of compensatory picks?)
Don't get one for Carter, we cut him. We wont get much for compensatory picks.

The only problem with all this is who have you brought in to replace these stinkers? With very few exceptions the FAs left are by and large either question marks or non-factors, and you'll only get so much out of this year's draft (maybe three or four good players who can contribute right away, max--your first and your two seconds and one of your other "surprise" picks, maybe--and it's not like your FO has shown it has a track record of drafting well lately). Much of your purge was for cap reasons so you freed up some cap space, but still not enough to bring anybody good in. It may help you in 2008 cap-wise, but not now.

In terms of comp. picks, you may get those next year, but the highest you'll get is a third and guys cut for cap space don't count in those calculations and it's a black box process besides, so you never really know what you'll actually get (that's so they can screw you without explaining it, or reward you unjustly without explaining it (see the Patriettes)).

Finally, who's going to play QB for you guys next year? Carr's gone, DC is a big ?, Harrington's gone and Green will cost you probably one of your number 2s. If you draft Quinn, there's one of your picks that's not going to be contributing this year most likely. Not to be a downer guys, but I suspect it's going to be a long couple of years for y'all. As one who's been through it before (remember when we were in cap h*ll and lost Bruce, Thurman and Andre in one fell swoop) and then proceeded to suck for years afterward, I can tell you it's not fun.....

Good points, we havent replaced one meaningful player we have lost with any form of upgrade except Barnes and it was a short term signing.

McMichael- No upgrade here a bunch of unproven guys
James- Not worth the money but no one better has been signed
Mckinney- even though he sucked, signed no one to be backup center
McIntosh- clearly better than any LT we had on roster since he played over them
Welker-got great value for a player but brought in nobody to replace him
Carter- glad to make room for Roth but Roth will probably not be the force that Carter was for a year.
Bowens-solid role player , brought nobody of his caliber in at DE
Mare- at best we basically got rid of one high priced kicker for another. Not really an upgrade
Harrington-well since we have signed no Qb, no upgrade
Morris- May actually have an upgrade if Ricky is back with team
Minor-no replacement yet, more of a special teams ace but decent third back.

We have actually done little witht he exception of gaining some draft picks to build our team. The draft picks are a great thing and hopefully we will use them wisely. We signed Porter and Scheslinger both signings underwhelm me. Porter was an overpriced luxury we could have used the money elsewhere to help our pitiful depleted line and Schelisinger may be this year's Beasly. So far with the exception of the Welker trade we have done nothing for me to be overly excited about.

I love your optomism but we arent there yet. I want to see Cam on gameday before we start throning him as we all did with Saban. I hope your right though.

Its amazing how optimistic we as fans get when we get a new coach, kind of mirrors when we got Johnson and Saban. Not a great off season but we are excited, I guess nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom