No way this team goes less than 9-7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No way this team goes less than 9-7

massi20

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I don't care what the media says, I don't care what negative dolfans think, I think this team is going to be good. Yeah, we lost RW and DB. I'm really not all that upset about Williams, I'm pissed about when and why he did it, but not in regards to losing his services. Minor is good, we'll be fine. Also look for the little guy, Russel, to make some sort of an impact. David Boston hurt. I was so psyched to get him, and to read about how well he was doing made his injury harder to swallow. DB getting hurt cost the team. Now, the reasons why I think we will be fine.
1. Great Defense. I know our D has a history of not stepping up in big games, but all this adversity will unify them and motivate them to play harder. We also stole Will Poole in the draft. He's a playmaker. He'll make an impact. We need OGun so we can have pressure every time a QB throws the ball. No time to pass + a great secondary = outstanding pass defense.
We are also great against the run, remember, no 100 yrd rushers against us last season.
2. Better schedule. We finally have a more favorable schedule. This will help us especially later in the year.
3. No Ricky. We were 11-5 without him, no playoffs with him. Now we have a more experienced Fiedler ( I don't like him, don't get me wrong), a very talented QB behind him who in my opinion will be very good once he learns the O and gets some real game time. We have a premier WR in Chris Chambers and a top 5 TE in McMichael.
4. Our O line. Regardless of what people say, our line will be much better than last years. It can't get any worse so by default, it will be better.
5. Playcalling. No more Ricky, no more predictability. I know we don't have a good head coach, but lets give this new OC a chance to prove himself. Hey, Norv Turner didn't exactly rip it up either, so what do we have to lose?

I truly believe we will make the playoffs this season. We will probally look pretty bad at first, but by the time we play the Pats, Feeley will be ready, and the line will have played some real games together. Also look for the Defense to finally step it up this year.

nice post...i agree with you

14-2 by the end of the season..
...go dolphins!!!!

VERY nice post. It is a very refreshing outlook. I also agree.

I say 10-6...We will beat the below average teams as usual, but we have got to win some of those games against the pats, ravens, and any team that's above average or shall I say playoff bound

massi20 said:
I don't care what the media says, I don't care what negative dolfans think, I think this team is going to be good. Yeah, we lost RW and DB. I'm really not all that upset about Williams, I'm pissed about when and why he did it, but not in regards to losing his services. Minor is good, we'll be fine. Also look for the little guy, Russel, to make some sort of an impact. David Boston hurt. I was so psyched to get him, and to read about how well he was doing made his injury harder to swallow. DB getting hurt cost the team. Now, the reasons why I think we will be fine.
1. Great Defense. I know our D has a history of not stepping up in big games, but all this adversity will unify them and motivate them to play harder. We also stole Will Poole in the draft. He's a playmaker. He'll make an impact. We need OGun so we can have pressure every time a QB throws the ball. No time to pass + a great secondary = outstanding pass defense.
We are also great against the run, remember, no 100 yrd rushers against us last season.
2. Better schedule. We finally have a more favorable schedule. This will help us especially later in the year.
3. No Ricky. We were 11-5 without him, no playoffs with him. Now we have a more experienced Fiedler ( I don't like him, don't get me wrong), a very talented QB behind him who in my opinion will be very good once he learns the O and gets some real game time. We have a premier WR in Chris Chambers and a top 5 TE in McMichael.
4. Our O line. Regardless of what people say, our line will be much better than last years. It can't get any worse so by default, it will be better.
5. Playcalling. No more Ricky, no more predictability. I know we don't have a good head coach, but lets give this new OC a chance to prove himself. Hey, Norv Turner didn't exactly rip it up either, so what do we have to lose?

I truly believe we will make the playoffs this season. We will probally look pretty bad at first, but by the time we play the Pats, Feeley will be ready, and the line will have played some real games together. Also look for the Defense to finally step it up this year.
That's exactly how I feel. Great Posting man. I tried telling this same story when I first got here, but noone payed any attention to it except FinFan. Amen Brotha!!:)
People seem to forget about THE WALL "our D-Line"
What it now!!
Taking bets on Leftwich not getting in the end zone tomorrow.:evil:

I agree with alot of what you say. The schedule thing i dont know about. every week is going to be tough any way you slice it. I think we will be in most games going into the fourth quarter. I would add that guys like Chester are slimmer and meaner, we are deep at every position except Safety on defense. I think our special teams will be better and that is key to winning ball games. Im not worried about RB cus i think we have guys who can make it happen. My biggest worry is that the Oline will not improve from last years blitz schemes, but it seems we are dinking and dunking more which would at least give us some protection in some ways like interceptions (hopefully) and quick yardage with a "just get the first down" mentality.

It will be about field position and making big plays on defense and protectin the football and field position. If you can do that, you can beat the Patriots.

finfan54 said:
I agree with alot of what you say. The schedule thing i dont know about. every week is going to be tough any way you slice it. I think we will be in most games going into the fourth quarter. I would add that guys like Chester are slimmer and meaner, we are deep at every position except Safety on defense. I think our special teams will be better and that is key to winning ball games. Im not worried about RB cus i think we have guys who can make it happen. My biggest worry is that the Oline will not improve from last years blitz schemes, but it seems we are dinking and dunking more which would at least give us some protection in some ways like interceptions (hopefully) and quick yardage with a "just get the first down" mentality.

It will be about field position and making big plays on defense and protectin the football and field position. If you can do that, you can beat the Patriots.

I agree with what you are saying about our OLine. But in my opinion, there is no way that they do a worse job than they did last season. In regards to the schedule, you are right when you say that every game will be tough, true, but at least we don't have to go and play those freezing cold games in NE and Buf. We also have a descent bye week. The schedule is not easy by any means, but favorable, yes.

very good post but in this day and age you never know...remember the rams went 14-2 a few yrs ago and followed that up with 7-9 with the same players. it's such a crapshoot these days

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but don't opposing fans have anything better to do than come in to dolphin sites and talk s#it???

Back
Top Bottom