NOBODY Has mentioned This!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NOBODY Has mentioned This!!!!

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Think about this........

We lose Ogun.........

With a top 20 pick (Ogun) we take a Reggie Williams, or a Mike Williams, etc.......etc......

Then we turn around at #20 and........BOOM!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Another WR..........

Ricky Williams, Reggie Williams or Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael...........All on the field at the same time.......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What do you think?

Nobody in their right mind would load the box with 3 top recievers that can smoke them for 60 at any time..........

Good idea, but we simply cannot afford to spend both firsts on recievers. We still need an O-line. We could possibly draft another reciever in the 3rd though, where a few steals will still be.

Maybe we can pick up another WR in FA (T.O. :eek: )

um what are you taking???

I actually like the idea though!!!

id love it, if and only if we can land a couple Lineman in FA...

unlikely though since we already re-negotiated with DT, chambers isn't going anywhere and i dont see us running many 3 WR sets (and mcmichael whos not the best blocker) in the near future with ricky in the backfield... but i dont know what were thinking exactly, so we'll see

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it 126!!!:eek: Good call.

I only question our plan on fixing the OL??? We could try and do what we can through FA, but we could also use some youth along the OL as well....

Also, what kind of draft compensation are we expecting from Ogun??....Will it be a top 20 pick???....

I like the idea though. Defenses would be forced to respect our offense with a core of WR's like that!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

no T.O. for the phins, he's coming to the eagles. you have bigger needs, grab some FA linemen, like woody(also steals a probowler away from a rival), draft a wr and olinemen in the first round with your 2 1st's, maybe a cb or lb to add some depth to your aging D in the second, and another wr and DE in the 3rd.

Originally posted by Section126
Think about this........

We lose Ogun.........

With a top 20 pick (Ogun) we take a Reggie Williams, or a Mike Williams, etc.......etc......

Then we turn around at #20 and........BOOM!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Another WR..........

Ricky Williams, Reggie Williams or Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael...........All on the field at the same time.......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What do you think?

Nobody in their right mind would load the box with 3 top recievers that can smoke them for 60 at any time..........

That would work PROVIDED the FO adequately addresses OL in FA. But tp be quite honest, I don't have much trust in this fO at all.

We have other needs besides WR. I am for drafting a WR in the first round, but if Ogunleye leaves, I am not for getting two.

126, I love your thinking. You always have something new that interests me. Anyways, another option would be TRADING BOTH picks to go up and grab ROY WILLIAMS.

The world according to ALL KNOWING HANK, the finz will go for WR in the draft and OL in FA....

i dont' think we will need to draft 2 WRS, because we still have THompson who i think will do better with competition from a rookie WR and Tolver. Thompson had no competition last year, this year he will have to fight for a spot. I have a feeling he is going to turn a lot of heads.

IF we have two number one picks, I can guarantee we will trade down with one of them for a couple number twos or a number two and a number three.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
IF we have two number one picks, I can guarantee we will trade down with one of them for a couple number twos or a number two and a number three.

How can you make that guarantee?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom