NOBODY Has mentioned This!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NOBODY Has mentioned This!!!!

I read last night from a reliable source I forget which thread it was in but it was said by I think Rick that their priority in the 1st round was WR and they would be looking at
Roy Williams
Reggie Williams
Mike Clayton
Mike Jenkins

- in that order
So we will take a WR in the draft its just a matter of which one of those guys will be there. I think we have a shot at Reggie for sure..Larry, Mike, and Roy would go before him and then you look at Eli, Ben, and Philip thats 6 picks that should go before us and the rest of the picks will most likely be other needs by teams so I dont think 4 WRs will be gone by the time we get our pick I think Reggie will still be there. But who knows everyone might take WRs because they dont wanna pass up this GREAT WR draft year. I dont think theres much of a chance that we go WR with both picks, unless we get 2 solid Vet Olineman and are set on the Oline I dont think Rick would use both picks on WR's. We have a couple more needs. I definately wouldnt complain though if we picked up 2 stud WR's. Its very unlikely though with how our offense is built around Ricky.

IF we get rid of our interior line like people said Hank said on the other thead then this would work out well for our team. Then take another qb in the 6 or 7 that might be a good backup. Such as Pickett or Josh Harris or maybe that guy from Texas Tech. And if we have no other choice maybe even Smoker or Navarre

It's a neat idea for a team that has struggled to find impact WR's (except Chambers of course) but...it's not realistic. Miami needs to work hard to find one, and just one WR that will make an impact. That's their task until the draft..to make sure that the one that they pick is the right one.

You need someone to get them the ball :rolleyes:
I wouldn't want us to move up for sure unless we were to move up drastically (top10)...what about the possiblity of getting 3 picks in the second round...most would be against it but we could probably get a top WR...not all of the 6 or 7 bona fide prospects will be taken in rd 1...a quality lineman (I've seen Gallery drop to the second in numerous mock drafts) and a LB,DB or whoever the FO likes....

Yes, it's the glitz we all crave, but it wouldn't make sense with all our other needs. If we were doing something like this, we might as well just grab Rivers instead.
I look for Carey or Grove to be our second #1 pick. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to get Jake Grove. He will be a pro-bowler for many years to come and could be our new leader on the o-line.

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
You need someone to get them the ball :rolleyes:
I wouldn't want us to move up for sure unless we were to move up drastically (top10)...what about the possiblity of getting 3 picks in the second round...most would be against it but we could probably get a top WR...not all of the 6 or 7 bona fide prospects will be taken in rd 1...a quality lineman (I've seen Gallery drop to the second in numerous mock drafts) and a LB,DB or whoever the FO likes....

Trading down is a possiblity. However, Gallery has NO chance to go lower than the top 7 let alone the second round. Whoever did those Mock Drafts are COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!! He is a prototype STUD LT!!!!

You're right...i meant Vernon Carey...:)

Drafting two WRs in the first round is a nice thought, but we have serious depth issues (now and future) at other positions that we should try to address through the draft. With how deep this draft is at WR, why not take one with our first pick and trade down with our other one? We could still pick up a second WR in the second or third rounds, but we would have the added benefit of a few extra picks for offensive line help and defensive depth. Just look at the guys that will still be left around then:

Evans, Henderson, Morant, Hamilton, Wilford, Darling, Colbert, Berrian, Newson, Watts, etc . . .

In the end, I think one stud in the first round will be enough. Chambers, 1st Rounder, Thompson, Tolver, and McMichael should do nicely . . . especially with a better offensive line blocking for Ricky and Feeley. Hey, even Donald Lee had some pretty nice receptions at the end of last year!

I wouldn't get Two wideouts. I like the thought and hope that if we do get two first round picks, someone in the front office is thinking somewhat like this. I am a firm believer in exhausting every avenue of thought.

I think I will hold my draft strategy back until I see what we do in Free Agency. If we solidify our O-line significantly and have two first round picks, I wouldn't mind seeing a wideout and a young linebacker or d-linemen. However, if we were to sign a wideout and leave o-line to the draft, it would change everything.

Sigh, I hate waiting. :(

Originally posted by Phinfan31
I read last night from a reliable source I forget which thread it was in but it was said by I think Rick that their priority in the 1st round was WR and they would be looking at
Roy Williams
Reggie Williams
Mike Clayton
Mike Jenkins

- in that order
So we will take a WR in the draft its just a matter of which one of those guys will be there. I think we have a shot at Reggie for sure..Larry, Mike, and Roy would go before him and then you look at Eli, Ben, and Philip thats 6 picks that should go before us and the rest of the picks will most likely be other needs by teams so I dont think 4 WRs will be gone by the time we get our pick I think Reggie will still be there. But who knows everyone might take WRs because they dont wanna pass up this GREAT WR draft year. I dont think theres much of a chance that we go WR with both picks, unless we get 2 solid Vet Olineman and are set on the Oline I dont think Rick would use both picks on WR's. We have a couple more needs. I definately wouldnt complain though if we picked up 2 stud WR's. Its very unlikely though with how our offense is built around Ricky.

just remember this 31, Spielman will tell you alot of things until draft day, but the guy he drafts will probably make your eyeballs pop out......in a bad way. :eek:

Originally posted by unclemonty
Yes, it's the glitz we all crave, but it wouldn't make sense with all our other needs. If we were doing something like this, we might as well just grab Rivers instead.
I look for Carey or Grove to be our second #1 pick. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to get Jake Grove. He will be a pro-bowler for many years to come and could be our new leader on the o-line.

me too, i think we will defenitely be drafting a center. I think Grove could start and mckinney will play guard/center.

Wouldnt this FIRST necessitate that we have a QB that could actually get them the ball??? Feely and Fiedler...not too certain about that.

Originally posted by Section126
Think about this........

We lose Ogun.........

With a top 20 pick (Ogun) we take a Reggie Williams, or a Mike Williams, etc.......etc......

Then we turn around at #20 and........BOOM!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Another WR..........

Ricky Williams, Reggie Williams or Michael Clayton, Mike Williams, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael...........All on the field at the same time.......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nobody in their right mind would load the box with 3 top recievers that can smoke them for 60 at any time..........

Sounds great but WHO is gonna get the ball within their reach, Feeley??????
Give it some thought.

Back
Top Bottom