Nolan Carroll Anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nolan Carroll Anyone?

Problem with Carroll is he's always lacked awareness. Top shelf tools little awareness

He's like what a maxed out Jordan Lucas could have been.

Cowboys are hurting big time right now in their secondary, yet they are releasing Carroll. Got to stop and ask "why."

Because he was god awful from the moment he put a cowboys jersey on. Living in Dallas I can tell you first hand the entire fan base couldn't wait to rid their hands of him.

Carroll sucks and and was nothing special when he was here. Eagles dumped him and Maxwell and now people want both these scrubs on our team? Pass
This is the point I was making.....stop picking up other teams left overs and develop our own. Draft our own guys, and when we strike gold...resign them. Play our rookies even when they struggle to see what we have....Carroll had his shot before and was released. Right or wrong he's now someone else's headache.

absolutely not.

He'd be a solid 4th or 5th CB. The best thing you can say about him is that he doesn't absolutely suck.

All 3 teams he's been on have had pretty bad CB play and all 3 decided he wasn't part of their solution.

Don't go backwards. We are stuck with Maxwell until March.

I live near Philly and watched Eagles games...he was solid.. sign him

Clemons was actually a really good FS.

Wasn't athletic or a ball hawk but the last time we had a real good secondary he was the vocal leader back there.

Keep sending her those checks bro.

I was at a Q&A w/ Matt Burke this weekend. When asked about the possibility of trading Maxwell, he laughed and said he's not going anywhere nor would it be possible to unload that contract. He's a Dolphin the rest of the year unless a stupid team wants that stupid contract. He also said Howard and Tankersley are the starters for the foreseeable future.

Top notch info Daytona

We are better off with Howard and Tank. But here's what I'm worried about- when/if Maxwell does get on the field- will he just slouch around? Or try to redeem himself

Clemons was actually a really good FS.

Wasn't athletic or a ball hawk but the last time we had a real good secondary he was the vocal leader back there.

Absolutely. I will always stand up for him. What was before? Gibril Wilson? Cam Worrel? etc, on and on.

Clemons was steady. It was just fine with his range, he would get lined up in the right spot. Jones was just coming into the league too.. With Davis and Smith, our secondary had the potential to be decent, here we are almost a decade later, Reshad is a stud, and we need to build everything around him- rookie corners are finally developing for us

Interesting possibility Vaark. He was a good back up however any time he was forced to start for us he was an immediate target for any QB we faced.
No harm to see what he has left in the tank.

Another example of a player we spent years developing, and then let him walk when it was clear to anyone with eyes that he was actually turning into a quality football player at the end of his time with the team.
3 years 9 million if I recall correctly. That one hurt he signed for below backup money and we still let him walk.

Back
Top Bottom